Ropa sugarbeet loader

Gav836

TIM is a long established and well respected manufacturer of 2 and 3 row trailed and at one time a 6 row self propelled harvester. Machines are imported by Kongskilde near Cromer here in Norfolk. They are made in Denmark, theres a lot of them working in this area now, got some leaflets on them somewhere as my late father sold them in the early 80's, at that time they even made a specific harvester for fodder beet

cheers gavin,like i say it's not a crop i have generally know to be grown down this way,due to the distances to the nearest beet factory for one,which is why i was surprised to see it,doing 20 mph on the a38 as i tore down on it at 80??? must learn to slow down  :D :D :D :D

WOW Gavin there is a wealth of info there, you really do your research. The photo's are brilliant, all mine are a bit naff. When we were leaving Hanover airport we passed one going the other way and none of us new what the heck it was. Then in the second hall at Agrichnica they were all on show and we saw them unfolded and in stuff. Massive great machines from all the big makes. Did you see around the engine and stuff, if you did you'll realise why they run so quietly. Nothing is direct drive, the engine is literally a generator and that's it. All the power is distributed by what looked like a doze or so oil pumps and metres and metres of hose's and pipework. Those machines are an engineering marvle. I'll email the pics to you, no point me posting them as they are always to small.

A few more great pictures is that your renault in background there gavin :D :D

Not my tractor its our 816, mine was still on the plough and we needed to clear up the remainder of that heap.

WOW Gavin there is a wealth of info there, you really do your research. The photo's are brilliant, all mine are a bit naff. When we were leaving Hanover airport we passed one going the other way and none of us new what the heck it was. Then in the second hall at Agrichnica they were all on show and we saw them unfolded and in stuff. Massive great machines from all the big makes. Did you see around the engine and stuff, if you did you'll realise why they run so quietly. Nothing is direct drive, the engine is literally a generator and that's it. All the power is distributed by what looked like a doze or so oil pumps and metres and metres of hose's and pipework. Those machines are an engineering marvle. I'll email the pics to you, no point me posting them as they are always to small.

What can i say, i just love my farm machinery and enjoy finding out about them, always have done. If i use something i always want to know how it works and not just how to use it. I never got to see the engine but i did know that it was all hydraulic/hydrostatic drive.

Interesting. They do a very clean job of loading the beet off the bare ground dont they? No way youd get it that clean with a loading shovel.

Yes it does a brilliant job at clearing up and leaving the ground in good condition, the Hanomags make an horrendous mess a lot of the time.

Guest Fendt pwr

Why don't you dig the beets and load the trucks when the factory needs them?to save making a pile.

Or you need to dig the beets out before winter?

Why don't you dig the beets and load the trucks when the factory needs them?to save making a pile.

Or you need to dig the beets out before winter?

The beet are dug out a few days in advance of the factory wanting them if we can, but it's impossible to lift at the same time as they are taking them away as we wouldn't be able to keep up with the cleaner. Its easier to dig them out and take them straight away if you run your own harvester but we, like a lot of farmers now, use a contractor so what we generally do is work on a 3 or 4 visit strategy where he comes and lifts enough beet for that month's requirement on our permits. All of the land that is going into winter wheat is lifted by mid December and all of that going spring barley is lifted last as a general rule unless the game keeper wants it otherwise for shooting reasons. If we dig them out and they talk of severe weather we have to cover them up with straw as frost can damage them and cause them to rot.

we haven't got the time or the necessary labour to run a beet harvester ourselves, let alone the financial ability to buy it in the first place. Just easier if we let someone else do it for us. We also use contractors for putting the fertilizer on for sugarbeet, lime spreading and for any weed wiping that we have done. It's just not possible for 4 men to do everything over the area that we cover, well 4.25 if you include the boss  ::) ::):D :D