Britains 2011 Releases

mad4machines

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Tris, Jez and others, while it looks a really good set of models.....i'm not getting to excited yet, we have been down this path before!!

Lets hope the new 3CX comes upgraded with extra buckets etc..... but cant see it happening? :-\ :-\ :-\

Forgive me as it has been awhile' date=' is there a website for Britains that carries the current line up. Last time I remember it being down as it was supposed to be revamped. Did that ever happen?[/quote']  It did: http://www.learningcurve.com/britains?icid=ddmenu&locale=en_GB, but so far it hasn't caught up with any of this years releases, so don't get too excited. 

Some of us would say that would make it an accurate representation of the real thing  ;)  :)

The new linkage will be used where there is a new base casting.  Where the new item uses an existing base, it will have the same linkage as it had before  ;)

Youn really are an old miseryguts f/nh fan.  Do you seriously expect them to make a complete new model from scratch every time they do a what actually amounts to a minor update?  The prices would likely jump to a similar level as UH (and then some of us could no longer afford them!).  We know that as the years go on and completely new castings replace the existing ones, the new linkage will extend to all.

Having said that; until we see the actual model (or decent pics of it), we don't know for certain whether it will be an update of the old Magnum or a new casting (although I personally expect the former - it is only a toy after all).

I don't really see how you can accuse Britains of a 'poor show' when we have just had the excellent MF7480 (which you should note is in the 'toy' section of the catalogue, not the 'Heritage & Collectables' section), and we are shortly to get the International and Case-IH 1056 and 2+2 which, as those of us who have seen the pre-production versions will know,  are exceptional.

someone put up a link for the new john deere ertl catalogue' date='[/quote']

It is here: http://www.ertl.com/

..although only the JD 2011 catalogue is available (and a bit difficult to see as they have gone to a crappy e-book style rather than the downloadable pdfs they used to use).  The new Steiger 600 and Magnum are on the Case-IH 2010 fall flyer, but you can't see whether they are all new, or just new top parts on the old castings.

Seen one website sayiny they would take pre-orders for the New Holland T9.670

http://www.shop-014.de/shop2/index.php?user=Modelltoys&clang=uk&hkat=3&proid=2121&skat=28

That's a bit previous; since it isn't due for 7 - 8 months, and judging how things have gone this year (for most toy/model makers), it could be the end of next year before it actually arrives (or later!!!)

ha ha! Ploughmaster i agree the latest models are great, but i do hope if they use the magnum base  i hope they the update the hitch thats what im trying to say . i've always been a britains fan and most agree the hitch has let them down. if they update it like the latest massey and internationals i will be more than happy .

Daz

Only seen the final test ones so far nigel , at toytrac this oct

same here but these pictures on this website ive linked

show a much neater finished looking grille on the international  956xl

also the decals look placed on better and the colour of the decals look sharper

I take it this is a production version of the IH 956 xl linked from this database

i looks neater on the grille still no official date of release has anyone seen a production

run version yet???

http://farmmodeldatabase.com/en/view-details/003753/britains-1-32-international-956-xl.html

You had better ask Atte H that is his website  ;) ;) ;)

... but i do hope if they use the magnum base  i hope they the update the hitch thats what im trying to say

I understand what you are saying, but I seem to think Craig told Andy that the new hitch would not be retro fitted to previously existing castings. 

Even the crappy hitch is better than a couple I have seen recently on tractors from other manufacturers, which were too close together to fit anything onto at all (without trying to bend them apart and risk breakage).

dont think the hitch really matters to be honest, theres sadly not much in the way of kit to fit to it anyway going by that list other than a trailer or two,and a siku hitch has probally been fitted to the old case already with ease so it wont take long for them to get done

often wonder why rc2 have not got into some root kit, and what ever happened to the plough that was anounced last year was it ?? ,they are deffinatly upping their game, but are also at the same time missing the fact their tractors need implements

Basically I think it may be at least in part because Britains (ie. Craig and his one assistant!) is probably on a limited budget for Britains only items and it is tractors that sell - perhaps there is insufficient funding for developing both new tractors and a wide range of implements (and the implements would have a much lower sales volume).

Perhaps they see all the tackle from Siku and don't feel able to compete - perhaps they are happy to concentrate on tractors and let Siku supply the carpet farmers with most of the tackle.

Then again, perhaps the new trailers are the beginning of a resurgence of machinery in the  Britains range (it has to be said that whilst Britains have made a number of very good items of machinery over the years, they have never had a particularly extensive range of tackle at any one time).

Potato/sugar beet equipment would be nice, but is limited in potential sales, and the only history of root equipment they have is the Smallford Setrite (which was nearly an obsolete machine when they modelled it) and the Faun (which was also outdated and rarely seen in reality).

A good many of the models/toys that are sold as Britains originate from what Ertl are doing for the OEMs in the States, and that side of the puddle they don't seem terribly interested in implements much above 32nd scale, and their tackle doesn't really reflect the type of equipment we use in Europe. Therefore any tackle that Craig initiates will likewise be limited to Europe.

In the end I suppose it all comes down to maximising profit (which Learning Curve/Ertl seem to have been quite succesful at recently).

i know that will be the case, just seems such a shame given the past kit they used to do , its a almost 75% effort from them in development, but times are hard, intresting to see what the buildings will be like, hopefully with luck a new one, not a rehash of the red and green atcost ones

I have an unpleasant suspicion that the two new buildings may be the existing Atcost sheds boxed seperately (instead of together as they are at present).  I would like to be wrong about that!

I said the same earlier in the thread...bet you are not.

I think the Aberdeen Angus will either be a hash of the Charlois or Hereford or the ERTL Aberdeen they made, heaven forbid should we have a new sculpt.

i guess time will tell. although i saw some bits at zwolle that would enhance them no end if it is the case, i guess to make a childs toy ,which is what rc2 make after all, thats got the functions we as collectors desire isnt possable, the atcost were good in the days when i was 8 or 9, but the current range of tractors dont fit anymore which hopefully they have seen and dealt with