Thinking of buying a pallet trailer... anyone know a good model/manufacturer ?

Lord Ferguson

Hubba Hubba.... oh yes please... I think that AV8.640 is the biggest Perkins have ever made  :of:P:-*:-* :-*

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Larrington a bit more expensive but well built and finished.

Built bloody well they are. Fantastic trailers.

If your happy with your one McCauley though . . Maybe take that as your own advice? The lowloaders are good too.

I've been thinking a lot more about all this... if my plan works then I am going to wish I'd done this a lot earlier  :-[  .. will tell you about it when I've checked it out a little further..

actually... no I won't.. It's not really a great secret is it... I've ordered a 7t low loader trailer (Gavins fault) and I am planning to mount (semi-permenantly) the baler on the back of the bed... then extend the hoses so I can drop the trailer and run the baler by backing up to the wheel end and simple hooking up the pipes... that way I can run the baler on the trailer... take a pump truck with me and simply run the bales down the trailer as I make them (provided there is room to do so).. I can then be a totally self sufficient unit when I visit my farm customers  :-\

Trailer should arrive before Christmas as it's being built next week  :-\  ... fingers crossed

well see when it gets here I guess... but if the idea works then it's been my idea... if it doesn't work... well... then it's Lumpy's stupid idea  >:(::):D :D

The problem is... there is no way to demonstrate a piece of kit like this... its not like buying a tractor or something large and expensive like a drill  :-\ :'(

I suppose with that type of trailer the worse that can happen if your pumptruck runs away, is your bale will be on the floor :laugh:  I've been pinned up against the side of a fridge trailer many a time when spinning a pallet round to run it to the back of a trailer ::)

making the rig like you say is nearly coming back to the sugestion we all made when you got the baler "mount it on a chassie ie 7.5 ton lorry" with the cost of the tractor/trailer/baler you would have been there ha ha! and lorry would have been cheaper to run (that is if your on white fuel not cherry :-\ )

trailer looks good but i would have got a proper lowloader (bevertail) then "doug" would have tracked onto it and maybe over recovery jobs.

nice looking trailer, you went for bailey, good call ;)

making the rig like you say is nearly coming back to the sugestion we all made when you got the baler "mount it on a chassie ie 7.5 ton lorry" with the cost of the tractor/trailer/baler you would have been there :) and lorry would have been cheaper to run (that is if your on white fuel not cherry :-\ )

trailer looks good but i would have got a proper lowloader (bevertail) then "doug" would have tracked onto it and maybe over recovery jobs.

nice looking trailer, you went for bailey, good call ;)

a set of ramps on folding up where the draw bar is and it will be better ford doug as if it was a beaver tail you would have to get either adjustable ramps or wider ramps because doug is only 1.5 ton isn't he? so he would not have tracks wide enough to go up the middle if you get what i mean ? ;)

a set of ramps on folding up where the draw bar is and it will be better ford doug as if it was a beaver tail you would have to get either adjustable ramps or wider ramps because doug is only 1.5 ton isn't he? so he would not have tracks wide enough to go up the middle if you get what i mean ? ;)

Marky won't need ramps to track doug on the trailer he can just you the bucket to left it up ;)

Mike... I see your point... But I'm not really aiming at recovery job in all honesty... I am looking to get a 3.5t digger at some stage so this trailer is a cheaper option than a 7.5t truck.. also out of the three 7.5tonners I have, none of them have a payload in excess of 2500kg from memory - the baler weighs a little over 2000kg empty, let alone the spare wires, pallets, sandwiches, flasks, Lumpies etc I have to carry - and of course the product we take away.

Marcus.. I'd love a HIAB on this trailer.. but given the fact that Hattie's got a loader and forks I can't really justify the additional costs.. then again.. would make for a nice bag delivery trailer like that  :P:-*

Mark - I see exactly what you mean buddy... I think the little ramps can be put just about anywhere along the two long sides as well as the ends.. but as Paul (PDC) says... Doug won't need much of a hand to get on this trailer I reckon