Plastruct and Card Shed with Workshop: Updated 27/8/11

Farmersam

f36abb31.jpg

Then I gave it a spray with silver paint.

Using 6mm balsa I made a rectangular frame to sit on top of the shed walls and to make it removable. I then stuck the five A frames on and stuck small lengths of balsa in between.

6d56e291.jpg

bedb81dd.jpg

Pictures of the cladded roof to come next.  :D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

199ce7e2.jpg

60a86d03.jpg

down pipe

4b680bcb.jpg

plastruct U channel for guttering

4e00b2ec.jpg

made this raised section for the workshop by covering MDF wood with cement and spraying it with water. What do you think? Do think it looks a bit to dark or should I make another one with something like pollyfiller?

725c840e.jpg

d56a9179.jpg

Got to do the roller door, finish the workshop & add some decals, stickers etc.

Look forward to hearing your feedback and advice. What do people think is the best thing to use for lights inside the shed?

Happy to answer any questions you have.  :D

That looks awesome mate! if you put a tunnel inside that and painted it grey that would be just like one of our grain stores, but it still looks excellent as a workshop and i like the little tool chest, is this going in a layout?

Thanks Josh.  :D  Great idea- never even thought of making it a grain store before, what do you mean by a tunnel? Nothing is stuck down yet so it  is still an option.  ;)

I have got a Fujimi garage set made up so that will go in there as well. The shed is currently just for my carpet farm but will go in a layout when I eventually get time to make one  ;D

Ahh cool. Well a tunnel i don't know whether you would be familiar with them  ??? but they run down the centre of a grain store, you can walk either on top of it or inside it hence the name of a tunnel, then there are small outlets all the way down each side which you attach a sort of piping to called ducting and then you tip grain on top of the ducting, then you blow hot air down the tunnel and it goes out of these outlets to dry the grain, you might have seen one before but if not i will get a picture when i am at work next.

Ahh cool. Well a tunnel i don't know whether you would be familiar with them  ??? but they run down the centre of a grain store, you can walk either on top of it or inside it hence the name of a tunnel, then there are small outlets all the way down each side which you attach a sort of piping to called ducting and then you tip grain on top of the ducting, then you blow hot air down the tunnel and it goes out of these outlets to dry the grain, you might have seen one before but if not i will get a picture when i am at work next.

Sounds interesting, never seen one before so that would be cool if could get a picture! :D

Sam. ... Top quality.

I'm really impressed mate. It's pleasing to see a finished project after your first few posts asking what to use. Brilliant, you must be well pleased with it?

Cheers Deere-est! I am absolutely rapt with how it has come out. Am looking forward to adding all the little details like the workshop and roller door now.  8) 

Here's the shelves that you helped me to make. Still have to give it a coat of paint.

549b5004.jpg

efafd527.jpg

19df1366.jpg

e4db273d.jpg

ab80152a.jpg

5334389f.jpg

Fantastic - love the shelves and their contents :)

Thanks Mandy  :D

Yowzers I glanced at that last picture and actually thought it was real  :of Great work, you must have eyes like a hawk for that detail!

Thanks for that! Been enjoying this project as its the first thing thing that I've made with good detail.  :D

Me god boyo that is better than most sheds in our district. Bloody top work will have to come have a look one day

Me god boyo that is better than most sheds in our district. Bloody top work will have to come have a look one day

Thanks Nick!  ;) More than welcome to come and have a look. Look forward to catching up with you some time.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more like it! Detailed descriptions on how you made certain parts, I will use some of these tips when I start building my dio hopefully this winter. Where did you get all the accessories, like the Snap-On stuff and all that is on those shelves?

Hey Sam!!

Long time since I saw this and it looks great!! Better than mine!!

Keep up the good work and get it to a show soon!!

Hey Jez! I got quite just then when I saw you'd come back to the forum.  :D 

Thanks for that, every time that I go to do something I always check you Jag workshop page to check how to do it! Thank you so much for making that topic! I having a go at the machine shed you made too at the moment. Will get some pictures up in my school holidays.

One problem - no shows down here in NZ.... would be my ultimate dream to go to a show over the other side of the world one day though!