Plastruct and Card Shed with Workshop: Updated 27/8/11

Farmersam

Mandy: Is the green card that I am looking at buying almost the same colour and same sized waves of the card Jez used? Do you have any other photos of it by any chance? (Just want to make sure I am buying the right stuff as it is quite a lot of money for corrugated card if I get it and isn't what I want!!! :) :) :) :) :) ) Thanks for your help Mandy!  :D

Pretty sure it is - but double-check with Jez. I think there's a few on here that have used it - I'll try to find some pics for you :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure it is - but double-check with Jez. I think there's a few on here that have used it - I'll try to find some pictures for you 

Is it not something you can buy in New Zealand (to save you on shipping)?

Thanks, thats would be a great help!

You can get corrugated card easily enough but not in that colour so I would have to spray paint it, and havn't found quite the right colour yet. Will have a think overnight. :-\ :)

looks great so far....and your further than me on my 3rd build!! :D :D :D :D :D

as for the base size thinkness, not sure what you can get but i found 4.5mm a little bit flimsy :-\ and went for 6mm for mine, felt stronger, i wouldn't worry, some people go for even thicker!

I didnt drill holes either on my first 2, mainly as it was built before they were introduced on here!, just set out and glued to the board, the next larger one i will as it gives you more support.....trust me its a pain to get the uprights straight! ;D ;D >:(

Once mine was all framed up with bracing and purlins, i just sprayed the entire lot grey, even the wood base, stuck on the cladding, masked out they lower section and sprayed it green. It was in a time though where we found corrugated card hard to come by!!

have a look at these pages as well as others....and dont be afraid to ask, as has been mentioned, we have all tried various methods and got stuck, asked on here and found the solution!! ;D ;D ;D

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,3034.150.html

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4127.100.html

god those were the days!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

keep us posted!  :) :) :)

Thanks Fb. :)

Went for the 4.5 as am a bit of a "carpet farmer" ;) so wanted it a bit thinner so it wasn't raised off the carpet to much.  Seems to be strong enough so far... :)

I got a few ideas from your shed! - the lights look great by the way

All the help is great!

Sam most people have used the card, have a flick through the topics in here. I couldn't find matt black for my dutch barn so used white and painted it, it took the paint very well. You will see it in Leverets Farm but I don't know what pages it is on. I also had a huge workshop and machinery store built for me using green card which looked nice.

Sam most people have used the card, have a flick through the topics in here. I couldn't find matt black for my dutch barn so used white and painted it, it took the paint very well. You will see it in Leverets Farm but I don't know what pages it is on. I also had a huge workshop and machinery store built for me using green card which looked nice.

Oh thanks thats a help! Do you mean they used Mandy's card or just corrugated card from a shop? Cheers :)

Oh thanks thats a help! Do you mean they used Mandy's card or just corrugated card from a shop? Cheers :)

I haven't found much difference in the size of corrugations (if that's the right word!), just the thickness of the paper and some craft shops stock small sizes, which can work out expensive (could still work out cheaper for you than postage, of course). I think Fred Aldous are the only company that stock similar stuff to what I sell (I import mine from Germany). You would have no problem spraying it mat black :)

I haven't found much difference in the size of corrugations (if that's the right word!), just the thickness of the paper and some craft shops stock small sizes, which can work out expensive (could still work out cheaper for you than postage, of course). I think Fred Aldous are the only company that stock similar stuff to what I sell (I import mine from Germany). You would have no problem spraying it mat black :)

Awesome thanks for that. Will you still be posting a photo - don't worry if you can't be bothered :)? Im assuming yours are 3mm bumps too....?

So sorry to be wasting all your time with this!!! :)

looking good sam

you can get coro card in town, scrapbooking place is good in fielding ;)

how high will the shed be? my sheds were built 150mm high at the lowest to fit any thing, eg the tipper tipping abit..

i was looking at that spray paint in the shop the other day, dear way to buy it. very simlar stuff twice the size same price at mitre 10 mega ;)

im starting a new shed, something kinda diffrent this time...

what will be the main stuff going in the shed? every thing or just a couple of tractors?

looking good sam

you can get coro card in town, scrapbooking place is good in fielding ;)

how high will the shed be? my sheds were built 150mm high at the lowest to fit any thing, eg the tipper tipping abit..

i was looking at that spray paint in the shop the other day, dear way to buy it. very simlar stuff twice the size same price at mitre 10 mega ;)

im starting a new shed, something kinda diffrent this time...

what will be the main stuff going in the shed? every thing or just a couple of tractors?

Which scrap booking place? I looked in the photoshop "Photographic solutions" today but they have gone out of all there scrap booking. The discount shop only had a couple of small sheets. Kmart has some a4 sheets but I have just been trying to find a big sheet to do the roof.

Agree with the paint. When I first bought the paint, I couldnt find any of the light, concrete colour in M10. have found some now though which Ill use for my next shed.

Only a couple of tractors going in. Maybe the siku JD chopper? And some tools and workshop in one corner.

Is 17cm high at the lowest.

How are your doing your shed?

Have been getting the pics of my collection ready today :)

Awesome thanks for that. Will you still be posting a photo - don't worry if you can't be bothered :) ? Im assuming yours are 3mm bumps too....?

So sorry to be wasting all your time with this!!! :)

Not a waste of time at all, Sam - I need to know what people use and whether my products are up to scratch. My apologies for the delay - I've just caught up with order after Christmas, but I'll post up some pics for you today.

ps yes to the 3mm bumps :)

Hey Jez and anyone who can help:)

Just deciding whether to get Mandy's large sheet of corrugated card or just get a4 sheets from the local shop. Do you think it would be worth having a larger sheet for the roof or would a4 sheets be ok joined together as you have used? Am thinking that if I make a machine shed i might be easier to have a big sheet.  Whats your & others opinion? Thanks for your help! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A4 is fine for a shed with no surfaces larger than A4. I'd rather and have always used, rolls of corrugated card. I know postage to NZ is an issue but wit that in mind, you're better ordering half a dozen rolls. That will keep you going for a fair while then Sam.

A4 is fine for a shed with no surfaces larger than A4. I'd rather and have always used, rolls of corrugated card. I know postage to NZ is an issue but wit that in mind, you're better ordering half a dozen rolls. That will keep you going for a fair while then Sam.

Thanks Tris. I'm ordering it with ther stuff from Mandy, so post isn't to dear. Thats definitely helped with my decision making.  :D

• 1 month later...