Plastruct and Card Shed with Workshop: Updated 27/8/11

Farmersam

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking great so far...and already ahead of me!! :D :D :D :D

good to see the column/wall construction ;):) :) :) :) , something i've yet to get to as awaiting a trip to shop and tools that are on order!

I didn't think it was paper, Sean  ???

If I can make one suggestion Sam, the beams to support the side cladding would have been better glued to the outside of the vertical I beams. I say this because if you look down the sides of your shed now, the I beams will protrude ever so slightly. When you fix your side cladding, it may cause a rippled affect where the cladding goes around the I beam...

It isn't much I know but it's just a little thought for you for next time. Judging by this one I reckon there will be plenty more where this came from!  8) 8)

I didn't think it was paper, Sean  ???

If I can make one suggestion Sam, the beams to support the side cladding would have been better glued to the outside of the vertical I beams. I say this because if you look down the sides of your shed now, the I beams will protrude ever so slightly. When you fix your side cladding, it may cause a rippled affect where the cladding goes around the I beam...

It isn't much I know but it's just a little thought for you for next time. Judging by this one I reckon there will be plenty more where this came from!  8) 8)

Thanks for the suggestion Tris! I see what you mean. Wouldn't have thought of that myself. ;D

The wood beams are more there for decoration on this shed (just to make the shed look more realistic). I thought I would just stick the cladding onto the I beams, but do you think that this will be enough to hold the cladding on?  :) Cheers Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done, makes a massive change when the cladding is added doesn't it Sam? I always think it makes the building look even bigger. Good work matey, you've made a nice job of it.

Could you keep the pictures down to 6 per post though please mate, just a request we ask of to help people enjoy the photos who have a slower internet connection and so on.  :)

Nicely done, makes a massive change when the cladding is added doesn't it Sam? I always think it makes the building look even bigger. Good work matey, you've made a nice job of it.

Could you keep the pictures down to 6 per post though please mate, just a request we ask of to help people enjoy the photos who have a slower internet connection and so on.  :)

Yes am really pleased with how it looks.

Sorry about the pictures, only just realised there was a rule about that! A great idea though because I certainly remember the days of waiting half a day for a few pictures to download!!!  ;D Would you like me to delete a few of the images?

I can't give any tips... but I can tell you this: ... that shed is a lovely piece of work.. well done so far ans thanks for sharing.. I look forward to seeing you work some more of your 'magic' on this sterling shed  ;)

Thank you very much for your comment!  :D I'm glad people are enjoying the topic.

looks great sam , really liking the build , will the roof be removeable ?

i think jez is the only person here to build a fully 'rolled' roller door , but not sure how practical it was to use , i myself managed a corragated up & over door on a britains building , but the runners are up in the roof , maybe a bit unpractical if the roof is removeable , look forward to seeing more  :)

looks great sam , really liking the build , will the roof be removeable ?

i think jez is the only person here to build a fully 'rolled' roller door , but not sure how practical it was to use , i myself managed a corragated up & over door on a britains building , but the runners are up in the roof , maybe a bit unpractical if the roof is removeable , look forward to seeing more  :)

The roof will be removable.  :D Have asked Jez for some advice and will decide what I do for the door from there.  ;) Thanks for your advice also, I'll keep it in mind! :)

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. As I expected, school has been taking over my whole life  ;) Luckily though, I managed to find some time over the holidays to get the removeable roof made.

First I made a wooden frame to make my "A Shaped" roof beams. Worked great as all the beams came out the same width, height & angle.

e65563ec.jpg

I have used Plastruct BFS-10 beams once again. The roof is 6cm high. I have made the wooden frame so that I can also use it to cut my pieces to the same size and on the right angle.

513decef.jpg

97d44bd6.jpg

15a7d7d5.jpg

Next I glued the 2 pieces together and left her to set.

b02e1d6a.jpg