Small Scale Vegetables to go in my Spud Boxes

Lord Ferguson

Question

Made by my Mummy who obviously has nothing better to do  ;) - They look fantastic... got loads of pics to post so bear with me... I'll let you know when I get to the last one - any questions fire away at the end ;)

Anyway here goes - All together first to wet your appetite..

• Answers 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

yeah make a few boxes full of different veg & put them on e-bay ,it would be interesting to see the response

it would be very interestin,yes ,I`d be inclined not to fill them with imitation veg  too, just a top layer puttin a good layer would hide the packing..yes I`d glue them too........... I think you may well have hit on a winner here  .....no probs with posting  the pm either  BTW.

to elaborate  on that and go slightly off topic..............what I sent to marky I stand by that, for years I complained about the accessories not being able to be bought , had no real ability to make my own or if I did they were pretty damned bad .

the weights, loader attachments , dumpy bag, tattie boxes  all add to the realism for us to use in our set ups..............

anybody got good ideas for oil drums?...... anything else  like that? I think dowelling  I used to use is a bit crude  it did look ok but would be better with the ribs round the middle.

John

no leave them to roll arround,thats when they look even better,when you go over something with the fork liftis that stuff like the kiddys play clay you can buy then,once you have shaped it you leave it to set in the air,not oven required? can't remmeber what its called but not the name you called it

it would be very interestin,yes ,I`d be inclined not to fill them with imitation veg  too, just a top layer puttin a good layer would hide the packing..yes I`d glue them too........... I think you may well have hit on a winner here  .....no probs with posting  the pm either  BTW.

to elaborate  on that and go slightly off topic..............what I sent to marky I stand by that, for years I complained about the accessories not being able to be bought , had no real ability to make my own or if I did they were pretty damned bad .

the weights, loader attachments , dumpy bag, tattie boxes  all add to the realism for us to use in our set ups..............

anybody got good ideas for oil drums?...... anything else  like that? I think dowelling  I used to use is a bit crude  it did look ok but would be better with the ribs round the middle.

John

I've looked at casting these in resin but they would work out too expensive John...... Watch this space as I'm now looking down other avenues.  ;)

Very true John... I have a mate making me a few fire extinguishers (hopefully) this weekend... Oil drums could be made on a lathe in wood I suppose - better get me old record lathe fired up again I guess  ::)

Can anyone post me the dims. for a 45 gallon drum please - width, height, how many rings and how far apart - thanks...

And you'll be the first to get a free one John for the idea  ;) - and the CD etc.  ;)

yeah a few oil drums would look good mark,strapped on the back of the foragers,and with a fixing on for a front weight

I have a mate making me a few fire extinguishers (hopefully) this weekend... Oil drums could be made on a lathe in wood I suppose - better get me old record lathe fired up again I guess 

Can anyone post me the dims. for a 45 gallon drum please - width, height, how many rings and how far apart - thanks...

will see if i get a chance tomorrow to get sizes, but I know there are  two rings round them  tho !

My bro has a lathe I might get him to have a go  but he does keep himself rather busy doin other stuff . 

I wonder if there is any kind of plastic rod that might be suitable , you know,  for those plastic additive  drums???

any other wee touches when we`re at this ? stuff like an anvil for the workshop perhaps?......

Anyone got a drive on  weighbridge in their layouts????

I`ll keep having the ideas !!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha  you guys can make em !

john

and FP good idea the resin but I take yr point ,will await with baited breath!

ha ha!

Here you go John, didn't have to hold your breath too long!!

yer a star FP, excellent ! was bout to post sizes ................(760mm tall by 600mm diameter approx as it was dark and the drum was slightly  dented !!!!!!!!!!) but not a lot of point now , excellent........ and of course in any brand you care to mention I`d imagine ;)

I didn`t turn blue from holding my breath, though I did go a nice shade of MF red !!!!!!!! :D :D :D

John

just found this after the weekends work!!! :D :D :D::) ::)

excellent Marky, i'll have a look at them later!. i was looking in Tesco for tattie types, couldn't find any seeds or spices!  :D :D

Out of luck Ben... they are rounds Mummy's house still mate  ;) - I told her I didn't want them............ Until I have got a barn to put them in at least  :D

Out of luck Ben... they are rounds Mummy's house still mate  ;) - I told her I didn't want them............ Until I have got a barn to put them in at least  :D

Yeah, keep the frost off em eh Marky!  ::) ::)::) ::)::)

we can go there then  :D :D....pick up your old models for conversions!

You could get them from O scale railway modelling which is 7mm to the foot or 1/43 - plenty of suppliers such as Duncan Models, Roy Link etc, or the military modelers such as Tamiya - there is one which is a kit for a workshop including welding kit and a hoist.  I think that one is 1/35.  Check the local model shop.

Well roll me in flour and bake me for 40 minutes, those definately are the business. Well done Marky's mum, give that lass a pie :)

There was a product out that hardened out in the air (think TM mentioned it) It was called DAS, it was an air dry clay. Only downside is you have to paint it. The fimo clay comes in many colours and can be rolled together to make other colours and to get shading effects. 

When you send me my tattie boxes make sure they are full :) :)  :D