Britains 2011 Catalogue

tractorman314

good range of stuff there...im looking forward to modifying a 956 and a 1056xl as they will look good in a silage diarama,i feel a respray in genuine ih paint would do wonders for them both...and the kane trailer will be very welcome as im hoping to modify at least 3 of these as im low on silage trailers and didnt fancy making them as i dont make trailers..if it is as good as in the pictures then there may not be much needs done to them.....i see the ertl ih 956 has been seriously devalued since these 2 ih,s have come along,which is good as they were making big money but werent even a good model for converting anyway,just as close as we could get until now

There is some nice new releases coming out but its a shame that its all too big for the average britaish farm, they would be better used in the usA, I like the new Kane trailers and the smaller Case Ih tractors Its a shame about no new implements like a larger 5 furrow plough or potato planter or harvester which is well overdue.When is the first of these being released in the shops ?

good range of stuff there...im looking forward to modifying a 956 and a 1056xl as they will look good in a silage diarama,i feel a respray in genuine ih paint would do wonders for them both...and the kane trailer will be very welcome as im hoping to modify at least 3 of these as im low on silage trailers and didnt fancy making them as i dont make trailers..if it is as good as in the pictures then there may not be much needs done to them.....i see the ertl ih 956 has been seriously devalued since these 2 ih,s have come along,which is good as they were making big money but werent even a good model for converting anyway,just as close as we could get until now

Couldn't agree more, I do wish RC2 would move away from the coloured plastic and actually paint the models.

i feel there is a lot of good opportunties that britains are missing out on,ive tons of ideas id like to discuss with them,ideas that could provide us UK model collectors with what we want,so when the britains reps sneak a peak at this topic then lets arrange a meeting and you can put me on your payroll....i feel its time to start bringing some of the mastercast design back to the UK homeground....my ideal job would probably be building prototypes and mastercasts to be later put into production,a new exciting project all the time on the go and giving the UK what they want to see,models that replicate the real machinery we see our farmers and contractors using everyday...

There's no reason you couldn't do something like/ in conjunction with Imber rather than relying on Britains (which is effectively a US company now)...put our money where our mouth is so to speak.

it seems,not everybody though ,is giving britains a hard time allready,if britains are  not making smaller tractors or beet equipment,who is,if siku ,uh etc are ,get them from those makers,i think these new releases look great especially the large quadtracs etc,i have no use for them on my layout really,but im not going to be negative just because of that,britains,rc2, learning curve,whatever you want to call them,are selling what will sell well,i think,so try to be positive

the tm310 looks promising, 3 attachments going by the pictures,kane trailer, well we have seen pictures of the prototype a while back and it looks good,as for others, well we will just have to wait and see, i guess britains are pretty much tied in what they make from the oem's and all they want is the biggest and best they make, flagship models,which is great i guess, but yes i agree some smaller stuff like the new ihs would be nice, wonder if we will see a new jd 3000 series sometime soon???

i guess the coloured plastics a cheaper way to make them , paint and metal cost, so doing itin one "made for job" bit does make sence, even if we as collectors dont like that

the root kit is a totaly different problem for us collectors ,theres hardly anything made like that at present, and to be honest whoever does get into that range will steal a big slice of the market, beet spud or other, as long as its not flagship stuff it will sell, the key for whoever does it is getting a make that uk and euro sold ,we as uk collectors afterall wont buy stuff we dont see ,same applies to the mainland euro collectors in the reverse, find that range like grimme from planter to harvestor with the bits between, and they have it made

Well the FW60 had a very short life - doesn't seem to have been around for 2 years at the most. A future Britains rarity maybe  :-\

Shame the 4020 2wd is going as well, a great source of 2wd front axles will dry up.

Some decent new additons there though, especially the 956 / 1056.

• 2 weeks later...