Wiking 2011

catkom3

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice picture there.....a neighbour of mine had a 1155 and his brother a 1135,both potato growers,both tractors drove a howard 120"rotavator at planting time...i ahd the pleasure one year of rotavating with the 1155 in front of the planter,wheels screwed up full and the rotavator buried deep,the sound of the v8 echoing throught the field,pity there were no camera fones or digital camers then....the years proved the 1135 to be the better of the 2 in terms of reliability.the 1155 owner used to say the v8 wasnt a very torque,y engine,it neede to be full open when working big implements....ive happy memories of them both...the gears on the dash were as awkward as anything ive ever driven in my life but nice big tractors and iconic in their time

Blimey Brian... you are a lucky fella... I bet there cant be many people on this side of the Atlantic who can say they have driven.. or even seen working an 1155 or an 1135.. let alone both of them  :of  .. I've had some experience of the Av8 540..... but mine were always fitted to the 760 and 865 combines  :D :D :-[  .. hell of an engine... but they liked to run on thick oil I do remember that.  We had an engine out of a combine twice for burning oil heavily after the first season... MF got involved in the end and it turned out that the farmer had done his own oil change and used a (pretty standard) thinner oil... after putting in thicker oil she didn't burn a drop more  :of  .. very strange.

looking back now there really wasnt much need for such a beast on his farm as the 1155,it was replaced in the early nineties with a 3085 to take ove rthe main jobs and the 3085 seemed to take over no probs,driving the rotavator and the nh 717 forager he used it on...i drew away silage from him in a 595 multi power and he cut using the 1155 on the nh 717 precision chop,when you were driving alongside him sidefilling the roar of the big v8 540 bounced off the 595 in deafening tone,a tone that hooked you and you knew you were beside something big....the back ends in the 1100 series werent really up to scratch,many experienced transmission problems,the likes of the later 2805 etc with the v8 were a much improved tractor especially the business end of them.....them were the days a perkins v8 cutting silage.............hold on mark isnt this topic about wiking models,me and you are going to have to start a mf memory page,my stories of the famous marquee go on and on,this was mf country at a time and potato country,after a good year at spuds i used to prepare myself for the mf dealers delivering new tractors,all shining red and ready for the soil,many of them are etill around here yet,not as many spud growers now though

7430 >:(  That is confirmation that they did willyup the decal on their JD 6930model !!  Anyone who really knows their JDs understood that the 74/7530 were physically a bigger(taller) animal than the 6930 and when both are side by side the difference is obvious. The curved bonnet was a total giveaway!

I said it should have been a 7530 or indeed a 7430 as Wiking always follows Siku who had already released a basic 7530 as this helps with tooling costs but it rankles me that they didnt do their research and then got it wrong for the  first JD release :(

However all may be forgiven if it is a 7430 with the loader as that would have been my preferred choice and if they could put a muck grab on the front and a standard cab on the tractor then all will definately be forgiven ;D  chequebook ready and waiting (if not a little exhausted :-[ )

No, its a 6930, i's got a 6930 decal on it!  :laugh:

e i e i doh here we go again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

really hope when what ever model number it is comes out, its got a detachable loader, wiking are pushing the boundrys with detailing, and that would really be a nice touch to see, 2 for one almost for us as collectors

[quote author=Atte H link=topic=32666.msg686051#msg686051 date=1296071777]

The 6930 is a 7*30... The bonnet is to big for a 6930 and Wiking confirmed that this was a mistake of them ;)

Thats the first time Ive heard that admission >:(  they owe me an apology for the flak I had to take for being right! (as usual ;D )

why did they change the original prototype,that was a 6930 with normal cab.

I often wondered that as the silver prototype even had the correct flat bonnet for the 6930! Must have been due to excessive extra costs and the start of the recession.

Prototypes can change for many reasons. Cost, Ease of castings, Parts already available etc  ;)

The wheels are different on the prototype aswell and if you look closely it has a front linkage fitted with a weight hung over it  ;) 

loader looks good on that jd, removable bucket to, so maybe a few additional attachments will be out for it to ,if not scope for the convo guys to work, still the single door, but that doesnt bother me,  doesnt look detachable which is a shame, but we cant have everything