MF 590, 3080 and Ford 7810 opinions please...

Having decided to concentrate on tractors that I remember from my (misguided) youth including classics from the '80s and early '90s, I'd like your opinions on the UH tractors in the subject line. I'm not too bothered about what is "correct" compared to tractors you remember, its more build quality, fragility, paint finish and detail etc. thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

i have all three and very happy with all of them. the 7810 is a good model one of my all time favourites as i used to have one. the colour in my opinion is correct . the colour if you go to a dealer it is ford tractor grey .they changed to bianco white when changed to the blue roof 40 series .

I havent got a 3080 yet , but have a 590 and three 7810's , one silver and two blue ones, theyre all excellent models in my opinion ,

and I cant see that the ford is painted in the wrong colour grey ,

Go on spoil yourself and buy all three

Thanks lads, I was planning to get all three and this thread was to make sure one wasn't a duffer. I actually went to a toy show last Saturday and picked up the 590. It was the only one of the three available. I'm well pleased with it and will be adding the other two as soon as it is prudent.

i have all three and very happy with all of them. the 7810 is a good model one of my all time favourites as i used to have one. the colour in my opinion is correct . the colour if you go to a dealer it is ford tractor grey .they changed to bianco white when changed to the blue roof 40 series .

wrong it was ford grey,bianca white came after the 10 series

thats what he just said  ???

i didn't know they went bianca white ? i've always called it ford grey :-\

No Marcus, the white roof 40 series came before the blue roof and that was the new white too.

::)

Honestly, some people!  :P:laugh: :laugh:

:-*

:(  sorry tris never really taken much notice of scrap metal  :-\ ;D ;D 

as far as i was concerned ford's white has always been called 'ford grey' just like david brown orange was called 'power red'

my working era was all 10 series fords & 5/2/3/600 /2000 /3000series MF, the late 40 series & 6100 series were about but sort of passed me by !

what i called modern are now deemed as classics  :-[  to put it into context for myself , i had a brand new JD 7710 when they first came out in 97 that 14 years ago  :of :of :of

well they say life begins at 40  :)

well i'm now 41 & havent slept a wink due to my re-occuring back problem , my elbow has all but seized uo which is giving me no end of grief & my fingers don't seem to want to work without much effort , so i'm amazed the likes of marky & barry actually move at all  ;D ;D ;D

life begins at 40 ? well it's not going quite so well as i expected  ;D ;D

as far as i'm concerned ford white will always be grey  ;D:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 7810 and I love it, looks chunky and solid, some nice detailing throughout including aerial, front lights, cab lights and interior detail. The only downside is the linkage area which is a bit bland and the hitch itself looks slightly too big for the tractor.