Your top 5 Britains Models of all time-And your 5 most wanted?

MuirHillyBilly

not in order but hey ho

1. Claas Jaguar 690

2. Claas 6 ton trailer

3. John Deere 7930

4. Drop nosed Deutz

5. Massey 3680 or NH 6635, can't decide which  :P

Wanted

1. Cheap boxed County (dont we all)

2. New Holland 8360 and TM

3. MF 760 combine

4. John Deere 8R

5. John Deere 8RT

What even though it was a complete hash up of a 2680?!  :of

For me, top 5:

Cattle lorry gift set (green lorry, pens, animals, manger and trough).

White MB Trac with hopper.

Police Landrover (with bollards and signs)

Autoway workmen and signs set.

MF 2680 with Duals.

Top 5 Most Wanted:

The above four (already got the cattle lorry gift set)

Plus either an 8 wheeled Deutz or the Readymix cement lorry in gold box.

Quote from Lee

Top 5- most wanted

- Claas Forager- Can't remember the exact model number but it was a powerfarm model too. Seem quite rare.

- A mint Fyson elevator- I have one but it's a bit tatty as most 2nd hand ones seem to be.

- The MB Trac Sprayer- I actually think this is a conversion but have seen 2 or 3 over the years, one recently went on Ebay for £250!

- The special edition of the old white Lamborghini that had mud (brown paint) splashed on it, first attempt at a weathered look I think and this was about 20 years ago, does anyone remember this version?                      I had the harvester but sadly the wheels were ripped off to make a trActor with 5 sets of duals to roll the sand and I remember I had the elevator too but matchsticks kept up the main part as I cracked the rams

- The Alfa-Laval slurry tanker- Always loved this and the Howard muck spreader, the Howard is still easy to get hold of but a good AL seems pretty tricky.

Lee here are some of the ones you are looking for

No 9573 - Claas forage harvester which was out from 1989 to 2000. Sorry but I don't seem to have a picture.

The powerfarm one is number 9323 and issued in 1988. I not too sure but I think it may have only been issued for one year

12032010022.jpg

12032010021.jpg

12032010020.jpg

In addition there is a set with Forager and trailer

I have two versions of the Fyson elevator

No 9587 in an AMB or blue spot box

01062010009.jpg

No 9579 in a Rainbow box

10112010003.jpg

Finally

No 9560 Alfa-laval vacuum tanker

23112010028.jpg

What even though it was a complete hash up of a 2680?!  :of

Your right Tris, awful model but as a young carpet farmer I loved many hours fondly remembered playing in the garden with it though  ;D  and it didnt seem so bad when I was 6

Doh! Kids today eh? You're talking about the top 5 Britains models got/wanted OF ALL TIME, and no one has even got close to such real treasures, items which you could show to a non-collector without danger of them thinking you're 'a bit strange' , such as:

5F Horse drawn wagon, 6F Two horse plough, 12F horse drawn timber carriage, the other horse drawn vehicles, all the wooden buildings, and even some of the more charming single figures such as #595 Shepherd boy with lantern and 'lunch onna stick'.

I don't know, the younger generation today..........  ::)

(BTW,when I have non-collector visitors, I usually only show them items from my old lead collection, seldom any of the plastic, except perhaps the Britains/Herald Sheriff of Nottingham, to point out that some plastic toy soldiers change hands for £30+ each nowadays - which generally gets them shaking their head in disbelief/amazement.)