Lee's Yorkshire Collection

MuirHillyBilly

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great new additions to the fleet/layout, I think the britains mower on that ford 7810 in the feild would look class  ;D

Will give that a try mate  ;) Do you mean the Vicon mower?

Mrol the grass mat is from HollylovesToys.com, it appears to be a light fabric mat that is carefully painted/dyed with many colours, very good.

Fantastic collection you're building up Lee. Nice to see such a mix older models earning their keep alongside the newer ones in your  excellent scenes too. I do quite fancy adding one of those Universal Hobbies Claas Matadors to my own collection at some point, great looking model, we'll see what Spalding brings. :)

Fantastic collection you're building up Lee. Nice to see such a mix older models earning their keep alongside the newer ones in your  excellent scenes too. I do quite fancy adding one of those Universal Hobbies Claas Matadors to my own collection at some point, great looking model, we'll see what Spalding brings. :)

Thanks David. It's been quite tricky in a way as I really like the grand and super power of the bigger artic tractors and large implements but at the same time love the older more 'classic' pieces and authentic scenes. So I have decided to create 3 main scenes and a selection of small scenes. The 3 main scenes will be a Yorkshire small farm called Whitleys Farm (the start of which is the most recent pics) who will be getting the Contractors in (FarmTrac Ltd) The 2nd scene will be a large central European operation, probably German, for larger scale scenes and finally the 3rd scene will be an American prairie farm........ this could take some time  ;D

I will develop Whitley's Farm into a diary/story scene once the main construction is done. For a start it is a small farm with sheep and a small dairy herd, the owner, Bob Whitley, is a real tractor enthusiast and has taken to restoring old tractors in his spare time and putting them to work. The farm also has a few acres of woodland which Bob is logging as part of a sustainable tree program.

Thanks David. It's been quite tricky in a way as I really like the grand and super power of the bigger artic tractors and large implements but at the same time love the older more 'classic' pieces and authentic scenes. So I have decided to create 3 main scenes and a selection of small scenes. The 3 main scenes will be a Yorkshire small farm called Whitleys Farm (the start of which is the most recent pictures) who will be getting the Contractors in (FarmTrac Ltd) The 2nd scene will be a large central European operation, probably German, for larger scale scenes and finally the 3rd scene will be an American prairie farm........ this could take some time  ;D

I will develop Whitley's Farm into a diary/story scene once the main construction is done. For a start it is a small farm with sheep and a small dairy herd, the owner, Bob Whitley, is a real tractor enthusiast and has taken to restoring old tractors in his spare time and putting them to work. The farm also has a few acres of woodland which Bob is logging as part of a sustainable tree program.

That sounds like a very impressive under taking Lee and I most look forward to watching the development of your layouts on here, especially the American prairie farm. I have a huge fascination with big articulated tractors and have quite a few models of them and books on them in my collection. Do you have any thoughts as to what model machinery will be powering the prairie farm? 

That sounds like a very impressive under taking Lee and I most look forward to watching the development of your layouts on here, especially the American prairie farm. I have a huge fascination with big articulated tractors and have quite a few models of them and books on them in my collection. Do you have any thoughts as to what model machinery will be powering the prairie farm?

To be honest I need to do some research (advice is welcome  :D) on exactly the Americans would use on a Prairie farm. I love the MF, Ford and Case/International artics so would probably use these, I have 2 FW-60s and an MF 1505 but can't help thinking these are a bit small? Also I think my Class Xerion 5000 although large is more prominent in Europe.

What's really big?, aside from a Big Bud which I don't think you can get in 1/32 scale?

Also the Matador is an excellent model, tons of details if not a little delicate! I used to climb on one of these as a child, it was in the 'used' area of a Massey Ferguson dealer called Goughs near Wetherby, Yorkshire. I've been toying with the idea of weathering it but not sure whether my skills are up to the job yet. I managed to get it under £50 in a dealer box  :D

Hope you don't mind me posting this photograph here Lee. This is my Ertl Big Bud 440 Series 4 on triples currently the largest articulated tractor residing in my collection. It measures 19 centimetres in width. There were only ever 2 full size examples of this tractor built powered by 440hp 930 cubic inch Komatsu engines. There were also two other models produced by Ertl of the Series 4 Big Buds, a 500 on duals and 370 painted in the "Bafus Blue" colour scheme. I reckon they would look great together in a layout. I also have another triple wheeled artic in the shape of a New Holland 9882 collector edition which is another really beefy looking prairie monster from Ertl which stands at around 16 centimetres wide. I believe the real deal produces 425hp. If your looking for a big Fergy then there's the Ertl Massey Ferguson 4900 on duals which is rated at 375hp, I bought one from Spalding last year and have it displayed alongside the Britains 1505 and Ertl Toy Farmer Edition 1500. I reckon those three would look even better in a working scene together.

There's plenty of model prairie monsters to choose from out there both obsolete and current in 1/32nd scale from the likes of Ertl, Britains and Scale Models and they include quite a variety of manufacturers covered from the likes of Steiger and Versatile and the main global tractor producing companies, John Deere, Massey Ferguson, New Holland and Case International.

There are photographs of the majority of my other articulated tractors located within my own collection topic including many of the Toy Farmer editions. If you would like any further information on them i'll more than happily send you further details of them and photographs.

P1030714.jpg

Hope you don't mind me posting this photograph here Lee. This is my Ertl Big Bud 440 Series 4 on triples currently the largest articulated tractor residing in my collection. It measures 19 centimetres in width. There were only ever 2 full size examples of this tractor built powered by 440hp 930 cubic inch Komatsu engines. There were also two other models produced by Ertl of the Series 4 Big Buds, a 500 on duals and 370 painted in the "Bafus Blue" colour scheme. I reckon they would look great together in a layout. I also have another triple wheeled artic in the shape of a New Holland 9882 collector edition which is another really beefy looking prairie monster from Ertl which stands at around 16 centimetres wide. I believe the real deal produces 425hp. If your looking for a big Fergy then there's the Ertl Massey Ferguson 4900 on duals which is rated at 375hp, I bought one from Spalding last year and have it displayed alongside the Britains 1505 and Ertl Toy Farmer Edition 1500. I reckon those three would look even better in a working scene together.

There's plenty of model prairie monsters to choose from out there both obsolete and current in 1/32nd scale from the likes of Ertl, Britains and Scale Models and they include quite a variety of manufacturers covered from the likes of Steiger and Versatile and the main global tractor producing companies, John Deere, Massey Ferguson, New Holland and Case International.

There are photographs of the majority of my other articulated tractors located within my own collection topic including many of the Toy Farmer editions. If you would like any further information on them i'll more than happily send you further details of them and photographs.

No problem at all David, the Big Bud looks awesome, I will check out the others youmentiuoned, many thanks 

Also the Matador is an excellent model, tons of details if not a little delicate! I used to climb on one of these as a child, it was in the 'used' area of a Massey Ferguson dealer called Goughs near Wetherby, Yorkshire. I've been toying with the idea of weathering it but not sure whether my skills are up to the job yet. I managed to get it under £50 in a dealer box  :D

Sounds like a good price Lee. I vividly remember the Matador my Uncle used to run on the family farm In Dalby when I was a youngster which would be my main reason for purchasing the model. He replaced it with a Massey Ferguson 525 which turned out to be very unreliable. I take it that would be Goughs of Hunsingore? I remember travelling with a friend there one morning whilst I was studying at Askham Bryan agricultural college back in 2002 to 2004, did they lose the Fergy franchise because I don't recall there being much there when I visited. One of the tractors I drove in the confines of the "curriculum field" at college was a 2wd Massey Ferguson 375 with loader which originally came from them. The Matador weathered would look great alongside a classic tractor from the same era. :)   

The very same place David, my grandparents lived in Hunsingore so every time we visited I would walk down and explore the shop but often they would leave the rear yard open and there was a multitude of machines to study, then across the road there was a field full of old machines, this is where the Matador sat, next to an MF combine I forget the exact model (it had that swirly thing on the side that turned when in operation) Good times! Not sure when they lost the MF franchise though.