Low loader with crane

This is my low loader with crane, based on the UH Dangreville tri-axle. It has had the plastic wood taken out and proper wood put in instead, re-sprayed NH blue to match the rest of the trailers in my fleet and a crane put on the front, which is a plastic kit, that has then been modified to fit on the front of the trailer. The drawbar on the trailer has been extended to accomodate the crane.

Enough talking here are some pictures:

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

Nice work, what's the crane from?

I belive it is from a 1/24 scale kit for extras on Iterali trucks, i was going to put a 1/50 scale one on but it just looked too small, but will probably be alright on a fertiliser spreader.

Have pondered over this crane for flipping years .. .. starting to think I should have bought it now as it looks good comparing it to the tractor I reckon, albeit if we were being facetious it would probably have a two stage extension. It looks nice though Mark  8)

Have pondered over this crane for flipping years .. .. starting to think I should have bought it now as it looks good comparing it to the tractor I reckon, albeit if we were being facetious it would probably have a two stage extension. It looks nice though Mark  8)

I belive the real thing must have a second extension, because its on the model but they have decided to make it so that it is permentley in, i reckon they may have done this for strength, as it could be a bit flimsy with the extra extension.

Yeah good thought actually, may well be right there. I have a 1/32 HIAB style plastic kit crane but it's built in the stowage position and is not made to open out which is a shame. I don't know what make it is, I think it is a model ship part.

;) Here's a tricky question for you Mark,if you have extended the length of the drawbar,what is the plated legal carrying capacity of the trailer now,??

Regards

Joe.

It should hopefully still be the same or even better, as the drawbar is now made from bigger and stronger steel. But no doubts it will be pushed too its limits.  ;D ;D ;D

Super job the crane nicely finishes it off the local farm has a flatbed trailer with a crane on it they use for dumpy bags I would like to add something like this to mine I have just got to find a nice crane like that. :)

• 1 month later...

This is my low loader with crane, based on the UH Dangreville tri-axle. It has had the plastic wood taken out and proper wood put in instead, re-sprayed NH blue to match the rest of the trailers in my fleet and a crane put on the front, which is a plastic kit, that has then been modified to fit on the front of the trailer. The drawbar on the trailer has been extended to accomodate the crane.

Enough talking here are some pictures:

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

Hi is this for sale?? one word BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

cant you make them to order? and do u make model sheds?? :D :D

Regards

Stephen

I'm affraid this is not for sale, and i'm not producing them for sale as of yet.

I do make model sheds only for myself at the moment, but have already been asked to make one for someone else, which i will start once i finish mine.