Mf Balers

Pete

No i'm looking at 90's, I know the 5 ( inline) was last small baler but what did it take place off??

Not seen 703?

was it the 130?  marky will know,i think it was,the latest in the mf line is the 1800 series which replaced the 130 series

post-1891-132639796916_thumb.jpg

post-1891-132639796918_thumb.jpg

No i'm looking at 90's, I know the 5 ( inline) was last small baler but what did it take place off??

Not seen 703?

Thats a MF 703 baler bit later than you asked for, 1964 i think that is  ;)

mfbaler.png

I think you are right Tim...

I've uploaded a 'potted history' of MF balers to PB... so here goes..

first up... a Massey Harris Baler rebaded as an MF..

MF701_Page_1-1.jpg

MF10and703Balers_Page_1-1.jpg

MF703_3_Page_1.jpg

UK sold MF balers were made in Kilmarnock (UK.. and home to a lot of MF combines too) and Marquette Lille (France)

following on from the 10 and 703 was the MF15 and MF20... HUGELY popular and sold in many countries around the world - especially Mainland Europe...

MF15and20_Page_1.jpg

I've got lots of different brochures for these balers in many languages...

followed by the early 100 series balers.... 124's 126's and 128's... but whose heard of the others.... the MF130 for instance  :of

MF128_130_FrenchTxt_Page_1.jpg

or how about these Spanish (Ebro) manufactured models...

MF122_124_126EBRO_Page_1.jpg

The 100 range was superseeded by MF with the MF2, MF3 and MF4 models..

This brochure is for the 'facelifted' version with the black and red (similar scheme to the MF500 drill)

MF234_2_Page_1.jpg

But.... yet again... who's heard of the MF1 from this range  :of :of  ... never sold in the UK and only for export markets

MF1_2_3_4_Page_1.jpg

And of course the American Market...

How about this for something totally different  :of

MF48_Page_1.jpg

For conventional balers the Americans liked to 'throw' them into the trailers rather than stack them...

MF22BaleThrower_Page_1.jpg

I think that's pretty much a potted history of MF baling from 1958 to about 1988..ish... I'm not strong after that time as it's not really my area of interest  :-[

Thats a MF 703 baler bit later than you asked for, 1964 i think that is  ;)

mfbaler.png

Now i know which you mean, got confused was thinkin there was a new 703... :P???

Thanks Paul... the MF130 was not sold in the UK.. unless you know something I don't mate.. we only went up to the 128 to the best of my knowledge... I've never seen an MF130.. come to that... I've never even seen an image of one I don't think  :-[  .. I'm talking about the early series of course... the 122, 124, 126 and 128 I mean .. not the more modern inline 130  :-[

Colm... I've seen that brochrue for sale 100 times now since... it's a funny old game collecting MF brochures.. once you've bagged a rare one it seems to appear lots of time afterwards for sale.. is that sods law ?  >:( :'( :D :D :D

Thanks Paul... the MF130 was not sold in the UK.. unless you know something I don't mate.. we only went up to the 128 to the best of my knowledge... I've never seen an MF130.. come to that... I've never even seen an image of one I don't think  :-[  .. I'm talking about the early series of course... the 122, 124, 126 and 128 I mean .. not the more modern inline 130  :-[

Colm... I've seen that brochrue for sale 100 times now since... it's a funny old game collecting MF brochures.. once you've bagged a rare one it seems to appear lots of time afterwards for sale.. is that sods law ?  >:( :'( :D :D :D

im on about the modern 130 mate now replaced by the 1800 series

i am going to need a good full brouchure of the 124 soon marky, seeing as my britains convo is to small for my new bales

I've got a good 8-10 124 brochures mate.... shouldn't be a problem for me old MF buddy  :-*:-*

As for you Paul... you're just a young spring chicken  :-*:D :D :D