ROS 1:25 scaled models

FordTractorCrazy

Here is a question for you collector's. There have been literally dozens of variations on the older ROS models by my knowledge. But am looking for some information/list of all the 1:25 models made by them. And especially the variations on the Ford 70-series casting.

so far with the help of fellow forum members i know of the existence of:

casting 1:

Ford 8970

New Holland 8970

New Holland TM190

New Holland TM165 i believe?

Fiatagri G240

Fiatagri G170

Landini Starland 240

casting 2:

Hurlimann 6170

Lambourghini 1706

Ford 7740

Same Titan 170

White 6105

Casting 3:

Lambourghini Racing 190

Same Titan 190

Hurlimann 6190

casting 4

Fiat F130

casting 5

MF 1014

Landini 8880

casting 6

Steyr CVX

casting 7

MF 284C

Landini crawler

can anyone add to this, confirm this etc? ???

cheers,

-Wil.

ROS made SAME, Lamborghini ad Hürlimann in 2 castings.

SAME Titan 190

Lamborghini Racing 190

Hürlimann 6190

then they made:

SAME galaxy 170

Lamborghini 1706

Hürliman H6170

David (walterderwent) has a 1:25 Steyr made by Ros (I think it was) there is some pictures of it in his my collection topic as he took some pictures of it for me a few weeks ago  ;D

Hope this helps Wil, I would ask David as its in his collection though

I currently have 6 of the 1/25th scale ROS tractors residing in my collection Wil.

Ford / New Holland 8970

Landini Starland 240

Steyr CVT170

Fiat F130

Same Titan 190

Massey Ferguson 1014

Here's a photograph of the Steyr that Patrick mentioned. I'll post some detailed close up shots of the rest when I next have my camera at my parents house.

P1050834.jpg

The Landini and Steyr have slightly wider wheels fitted to the rest and, along with the Same all came in a black and gold box. The Fiat and Massey Ferguson were part of a gift set complete with a pair of horrible and very unrealistic looking implements in a white, green and red box. The Ford 8970 came in a similar liveried box on it's own. :)

thank you Walter, that helps a lot. Could you also make a picture of the MF1014 and especially of the Landini Starland as that should be the same casting as casting 1 in my list!

I remember having two different Landini models that did not look at all as the hurlimann and lambourghini ones..?

Wil there is a nib white 6105 on Marktplaats, so i think you can add that one to your list as well  ;)

I saw a Landini Starland 4 sale at tractorconnection, not on the website, but he has it in the store.

Erik

thank you Walter, that helps a lot. Could you also make a picture of the MF1014 and especially of the Landini Starland as that should be the same casting as casting 1 in my list!

I remember having two different Landini models that did not look at all as the hurlimann and lambourghini ones..?

You're very welcome Wil. I should have close up photographs of those and the rest in my collection for your interest in the next couple of days. :)

Here's the Massey Ferguson 1014 which but for it's red livery is exactly the same as the Landini 9880 they also did. I also photographed rear view and the tractor's number plate, not sure whether this means anything significant or whether are any variations on the plates.

P1070001.jpg

P1070002.jpg

P1070004.jpg

P1070005.jpg

Found this link with some interesting photographs of some of the 1/25th scale tractors made by ROS too. Interesting to note the Fiatagri G series were badged as both G170 and G240 models. My Landini Starland, Steyr CVT170 and Same Titan 190 all came in the "Gold Line" boxes.

http://showmetoys.com/catalog/item_list.asp?start=1&nsql=(scale='1/25'AND_%5Bmfg%5D='ROS'):OB:demand_desc&setup

thank you David, that makes it all a lot clearer. I had never seen a Landini Starland model before. I do have both the New Holland and Ford 8970 though and used to have a few Landini and Lambourghini and Hurlimann models as well in this scale.

You're welcome Wil, glad to have been of some help. I stumbled across the Landini in a local country store and decided to originally buy it for my collection to go alongside the 8970 which i'd had for some time, the others have found there way into my collection since then. Whilst these models / toys won't be everyone's cup of tea there's something about them I quite like despite their cheap and very plastic appearance. The Same Titan is probably my favourite.

• 2 years later...

No.I still have a perfect unboxed 180-90 also. Its a 1/25.. Just like the rest im pretty sure.. I dont know what scale the Bruder F130  or JD 6400 tractors would have been at the time !!!! 1/16 maybe. But if I put the ROS 180-90 alongside them Bruders all those years ago, the Bruder tractors would dwarf the ROS 180-90.  I also had a 1/25  ROS  MF 294C with a roll bar instead of a cab  which is another tractor missing from the list above & that tractor seemed to scale well with the 180-90.

I recently saw the Same Titan 190 in a boxed set with a trailer on eBay from an American seller, it was on as a buy it now and whilst I was considering buying it someone else bought it.

Makes me wonder how many more sets there are?

The Fiat Winner and JD 6400 from Bruder are supposed to be 1/16th scale aren't they? I always thought they were pretty acurate. They also did some earlier models like the Case IH 1056XL which is much smaller. Yet the same implements will fit. That's also a model without a steering axle. Any Bruder collectors on here?

I have a ROS Fiat 180-90 DT and Hürlimann tractor for sale with the box if anyone is interested?

The Fiat Winner and JD 6400 from Bruder are supposed to be 1/16th scale aren't they? I always thought they were pretty acurate. They also did some earlier models like the Case IH 1056XL which is much smaller. Yet the same implements will fit. That's also a model without a steering axle. Any Bruder collectors on here?

I have a ROS Fiat 180-90 DT and Hürlimann tractor for sale with the box if anyone is interested?

The Bruders are 1/16 ,but as I was saying the ROS 180-90 had to be 1/25 cause the Bruders seemed much bigger in scale. Another thing to point out in the 180-90 used the same wheels as the rest of the ROS 1/25 tractors, meaning the 180-90 could never have been a 1/16 or 1/18. Looking at my own one again ,it seems too small . So its a 1/25. 

Archived