StapelOpFordson brochure collection -- latest additions

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have my website a 1000px wide and left a margin on both sides. For most PC's that should be a good width. Page depth is a different problem though. I find it very hard to keep everything in one screen and have thought of leavign sufficient margin for a scrollbar on the side.

I am now using "statcounter" to keep track of website visits and it seems to work well.

The only problem i have encountered is the size of the screen of my laptop (a 15") which messes up my website a lot, but as most people have either a PC with atleast 17" screen or laptop of 17" a 1000px wide website should be showing alright.

i am very curious how you will implement the database into your website! will keep an eye on your site to see the progress...

Today my dad and I went to a big oldtimer event in Germany - Feldtag 2011 Nordhorn. At this shows were hundreds of old tractors, unfortunately only 7 Fords, but you know that in advance when you go to Germany. Sadly not many brochures for sale, but my dad found a very nice "Perkins P6(TA) conversion for the Fordson Major tractor" brochure. My dad owns a tractor like this, so these conversions must be in our collection. We already had one, but this one has a different colorscheme and some other pictures. Nice find I think. Next weekend I will go to a big oldtimer event in Belgium, maybe more luck over there.

The new addition

953.jpg

This one was already in the collection

544.jpg

I have a pretty good picture memory I think....  you just have to be a little crazy to have such a hobby  ;) . When I go to Zwolle where are more brochures for sale I carry a list with me to verify the brochure codes. In the future I will have a smart phone, so I have my website always with me....

Ah.. clever thinking Ronald... I must say I am getting to a point now where I do have to keep referring to my records to see what I do and don't have... I can remember most of the brochures I have... but I am starting to forget a few and I keep buying duplicates  :-[

• 4 weeks later...

What do you do on a rainy day? You finish your updated website and upload it. So from now is my updated website www.stapelopfordson.nl available. The first stage (without database, sorry guys  :-\ ) has cost me a lot more time then I thought before I started. But the result is there, I think...

The biggest (structure) changes are invisible, the most visible change is the possibilty to view more than one page per brochure in a new lay-out. For example: http://www.stapelopfordson.nl/pages/brochure_doe_en_01.php and click the picture of the second brochure. Please let me know when you find something that is not working (fine) or any comments.

Due the work I had with this update I haven't posted my new interesting brochures yet, but I will make it complete this weekend.

What a great looking website and a fabulous collection of brochures. I saw quite a few that I don't have in my collection, notably from Australia, but I think my favourite was the Ford 7000 Selene brochure.....what a cracking piece of literature.

This website is a real pleasure and so professional, well done and thank you for sharing your brochure collection with us all on FTF.

Regards

R Day

Here are some interesting new additions of this summer:

American 2910 3910 in a boring black and white edition

0944_1.jpg

UK highway

0942_1.jpg

Yellow version of the american Woods Tractor

0945_1.jpg

Green version

0946_1.jpg

Nice conversion from Howard

0948_1.jpg

Second version of the FW-60 brochure 1985 with automatic gearbox

0954_1.jpg

More to come..... ;D

very nice site ..i have just a few ford brochures in my collection and one i will share with you now is a ford 5600.  i see from your site that you have a great selection of countries represented [5600]...one which i wish to refer to is:

Title: FORD 5600

Model: 5600

Code: -

Pages: 2

Size: A4

you may like to know that ford must have issued a brochure in ireland also and used the photograph as was used on your brochure but the one i am referring to in ireland is a 12 p. brochure..  12/77/IRL.3m    any idea what the 3m stands for?

post-924-132639939697_thumb.jpg

post-924-132639939771_thumb.jpg

very nice site ..i have just a few ford brochures in my collection and one i will share with you now is a ford 5600.  i see from your site that you have a great selection of countries represented [5600]...one which i wish to refer to is:

Title: FORD 5600

Model: 5600

Code: -

Pages: 2

Size: A4

you may like to know that ford must have issued a brochure in ireland also and used the photograph as was used on your brochure but the one i am referring to in ireland is a 12 p. brochure..  12/77/IRL.3m    any idea what the 3m stands for?

I didn't expect that this brochure has been published in Ireland too, but thanks for sharing this info with us!

correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't 3m mean the total brochures made? in which 3m means 3000?

As far as I (think to) know it is...

that would explain the 3m  thank you i was not aware of that

i am now posting the following and am wondering has any member something similar ...you will notice that the quote is attributed to a customer in ireland...is there a similar use of the quotes attributed to customers /drivers in other brochures in other countries?  just wondering..

the first image is the cover and the second is page 9 of 12

post-924-132639940964_thumb.jpg

post-924-132639941008_thumb.jpg

good point indeed...i would be aware that the cabs were offered in ireland on these tractors but well pointed out.....another point of detail on the last page [5600 brochure image below] ..... only the cork address, the ford headquartes in ireland appears on the irish brochure...i have noticed this also on some other ford brochures issued in the 1970s but others have both the cork and basildon addresses

post-924-132639941028_thumb.jpg

that would explain the 3m  thank you i was not aware of that

i am now posting the following and am wondering has any member something similar ...you will notice that the quote is attributed to a customer in ireland...is there a similar use of the quotes attributed to customers /drivers in other brochures in other countries?  just wondering..

the first image is the cover and the second is page 9 of 12

I've looked in the dutch 4000 version and there are no quotes of dutch farmers.

I finally had some time to scan my latest additions. They came in a few weeks ago from America.

Ford tractors used for landscaping

0955_1.jpg

Low center of gravity tractor

0956_1.jpg

Early american brochure

0957_1.jpg

A mailer variant of a standard brochure (code DXM 5918 95350 for the freaks  ;) ) never seen it before

0958_1.jpg

A rare 4 page Dearborn brochure

0959_1.jpg

A newspaper brochure of the 600, 700, 800 and 900 series

0960_1.jpg

Industrial 1801 tractors

0961_1.jpg

Finally found the missing Powermaster brochure  ;D

0962_1.jpg

the powermaster brochure is a rare one as well as the old Fordson brochure.. very nice additions..

i also have never seen the Fordson Major variant(in code) that you show here.. I do have the AD5910 and AD5910A versions of the same brochure but those are from 1954 thus a year older..

I already put it with my doubles, but when checking the brochure code I saw the difference. I don't have the AD5910A version yet, but I will hunt for that one too  :) . This mailer version only has a different last page (see photo below) and it is indeed published in September 1953. The inside and front are exact the same.

0958_6.jpg

Archived