StapelOpFordson brochure collection -- latest additions

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right it is quiet. Was wondering about it myself as well. Just not bought much lately as there isn't much interesting available (for me) on Ebay.

Last bits I got was a pack of MF brochures that the Dutch importer send to me (very kind of them) and some new Kverneland ones.

have not kept my eye on this topic lately....some very nice brochures .....i really like the quality of the american brochures....they look very crisp and clear.....  thanks for this reply    [i've looked in the dutch 4000 version and there are no quotes of dutch farmers. ]

....as i recall the quotes were also on the brochures issued from basildon  but unlike the irish version the quote is not attributed to anybody..... must post another item for your viewing...a price list for the ford 5000 tractor 1973 [irish punts]

post-924-13263996093_thumb.jpg

Last week some interesting brochures came in, not as many as Wil  ::) . Good to see that the "brochure harvest" season has began again at Ebay after a quiet summer.

The oldest one fom the USA, some great pictures!

0972_1.jpg

Finally found the 2 missing american Dearborn brochures with proof-meter

0970_1.jpg

0968_1.jpg

A County Super 6 1124 aircraft towing tractor

0966_1.jpg

American Low Center of Gravity 2110 4110 tractor

0969_1.jpg

English 10 series Highway

0967_1.jpg

English TW series generation II

0971_1.jpg

really nice additions there. That County aircraft towing tractor i have not seen before.. great find! and of course the american Fordson brochure is a real gem as well..

it is true that it seems more brochures are appearing again on ebay. I was not planning to purchase any more brochures for a while after the loads i got lately ::):-[  , but couldn't help myself when i noticed a few other versions of some American 1000-series brochures ;):-[

What a cracking haul you have there... superb.. some lovely old brochures.. I love the 'proof-meter' one... although the tractor ones are the valuable ones in monetary terms... I reckon ones like that have a 'value' equal to the tractors ones, if not even more from an historic point of view.

The early Fordson one is looks to be a real stunner as well... any chance of a look inside it some time please ???  :P:-*

No new brochures yet, they are still swimming / flying across the ocean... But here are some more pictures of the old Fordson brochures. About the value of these brochures we can discuss a very long time and many topics. But I see it as my duty to collect and complete all brochures to preserve it for the future  ;D (other people think I'm just crazy)

0972_3.jpg

0972_7.jpg

Ronald you and I share the same ethic when it comes to collecting... It's not about value.. It's about working towards comprehensive completion.

I don't think you are crazy.. I admire your commitment towards preserving the past for our future generations delight and enjoyment.

What plans (if any) do you have to preserve your collection as one unit when you pass it on ?

Bugs the hell out of me as my dear wife sees my collection as pounds and pence and not how I see it, as s comprehensive record of Massey Ferguson's manufacturing history.

Mark, to be honest I haven't thought about that scenario yet. I have two young daughters, you never know, maybe they get interested some time... but I don't think so because they aren't pink  ;D . Hopefully I have still some time to think about it.

Andy, thanks you're welcome.

This weekend I received two nice brochures about the Ford special utility tractors models 620, 630 and 820. The first one was a known version, but I couldn't get my hands on it for a nice price, but finally  :) . The second one was a surprise for me, an unusual styled coloured brochure. Never seen before... I took my chance  ;D .

0974_1.jpg

0973_1.jpg

The lowest power brochure, is that a industrial version? And does it have an AD-number or something else. And as always some great additions, Ronald.

It is indeed more a "industrial" version with brochure code AD-6415 85650. I have scanned all pages from both brochures, so you can check the other pages. http://stapelopfordson.nl/pages/brochure_dearborn_en_03.php

By the way some great pictures of the impressive Agrifac Condor, well done! Good luck at the Agritechnica.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally some time to add my latest "Ebay" brochures. A very mixed up bunch of brochures and I quietly passed the magic border of 1.000 brochures  ;D . With these I now end up at 1.076 different Ford(son) (conversion) tractor brochures.

Australian County 4600-Four (Catalogue number AT 19 Printed November, 1978)

0975_1.jpg

Utility tractors (DM-1065 86660)

0976_1.jpg

Utility tractors (AD-6950 1059100)

0980_1.jpg

801 series tractors (AD-6756 25850)

0977_1.jpg

801 series tractors (AD-6959-B 359100)

0978_1.jpg

601 series tractors (AD-6957-B 359100)

0979_1.jpg

A never seen Select-O-Speed brochure (AD-6953 15950)

0981_1.jpg

And last but not least the brochures I swapped with Wil and found at the Zwolle show.

Roadless 115/120 (RTE.158.1.12.72)

0982_1.jpg

A misprinted Ford 5700 - blue beam is missing....

0983_1.jpg

A Belgian TW-series (10007/SRTW/WR/BNL/32)

0984_1.jpg

USA 2110 and 4110 Low Center of Gravity tractors (AD-1136 46720)

0985_1.jpg

USA Ford 5000 (AD-5245 66950)

0988_1.jpg

USA Ford 3500 (AD-1046A 126625)

0989_1.jpg

USA Ford 4400 (AD-9463 106540)

0990_1.jpg

Belgian Ford 6610 with a AP-cab... (66/R07/82B-NL)

0991_1.jpg

Nice additions Ronald. I think the 5700 you just scanned wrong  ::)

Niels, the scanning is indeed a difficult job  ;D . I have also a dutch misprinted black and white Ford 8100 brochure, I think it was difficult to print them....

very nice additions. Like the 801-series spec sheets. They hardly ever show up on ebay or auction sites... It seems you are still able to find quite a few additions despite having already quite a large  :of Ford tractor brochure collection!

Wil, it is indeed more difficult to find some "new" brochures, but I improved my Ebay hunting techniques  ;) . I'm also still surprised who many brochures there are and it seems to never end. That's the charm of collecting brochures I think.

Some lovely additions there Ronald... I'm glad those plastic wallets will be put ot good use then  ;)  tell me... Is select-o-speed like MF's instant reverse ?

Mark, SOS is an automatic transmission, you can select your speed with a handle without using the clutch. It was not a big success, many troubles and cost Ford a lot of money.... I think it was launched too early, but very daring at that time.

The Roadless brochure is one of my favourites and the Belgian one with the LP cab (no AP, LP is for low profile and is the lower version of the AP cab, and that's the one on the picture) is rare also.

Nice touch is the fact you mention the print numbers, so I can see which one I miss :of

• 2 weeks later...

Archived