Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

I'm sure there's a bloke round my way still runs a matador  ??? i'll have a word with a few people, see if he's still got it.

A Matador Standard  :P :P  or a Matador Giant  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P 

Thanks mate!

/m.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see any of the old Claas types around, especially a Dominator 85, but its been years since I saw one. When I think back to all the different ones I've seen over the years as well....Mercury, Matadors, Senators, Mercators, Protector, Consul....they've all gone now sadly.

I never did see a Dominator 100/105 though - though I heard these weren't particularly reliable, so I guess thats why they're rare.

Fuel tank seems to make the most difference with a couple of kilograms but not by a lot.

That's a good point - some manufacturers quote 'dry' weights without fluids, other quote 'curb' weight as in ready to operate and given the size of the fuel tanks that would make a big difference. 1150l of diesel is the thick end of a tonne so that might be some of the difference.

Also, the Lexions are wider - the 650 is 20% wider than the 8060 so that'll add weight.

I wonder what the max weight of a Lexi would be - fully fuelled, grain tank full, 12m vario header etc etc.  :of

/malc.

There's a Senator near me but can't think of any Matadors. There's another farmer near by who used to run two matadors, then upgraded to a Senator and now has a Dominator mega. He seems to like being about two generations behind the latest model - so on that basis, it must be getting near time for him to upgrade to a Lexion 4-series soon!

That's a good point - some manufacturers quote 'dry' weights without fluids, other quote 'curb' weight as in ready to operate and given the size of the fuel tanks that would make a big difference. 1150l of diesel is the thick end of a tonne so that might be some of the difference.

Also, the Lexions are wider - the 650 is 20% wider than the 8060 so that'll add weight.

I wonder what the max weight of a Lexi would be - fully fuelled, grain tank full, 12m vario header etc etc.  :of

/malc.

All the weight figures I quoted from the brochures says the fuel tank is full but weight doesnt include header, straw chopper and chaff spreader. The Lexion certainly is a lot wider. Suddenly makes sense why a lot of farmers opt for Terra-Trac to reduce the transport width whilst you nearly never see an NH combine on tracks.

Malc, will you put the pictures on your website as well?

Saw three neighbouring farms on the way home from work trying out their new Claas Lexion 630's what model did this replace :-\

Where where where!!!?!?!?!?  :)

The 630 is the second smallest Lexi with 5 walkers so it's probably equivalent to the 530 - from memory so I could be totally wrong!

/malc.

Where where where!!!?!?!?!?  :)

The 630 is the second smallest Lexi with 5 walkers so it's probably equivalent to the 530 - from memory so I could be totally wrong!

/malc.

The route home takes me from Wattisham to Bramford via Somersham :)

I think the farmers had lexion 520's and one had a 430 :-\

malc there was a matador parked up in a yard when i was up there in june, on the back road from athelington to worlingworth, recon it was still used to looking at it, so may be worth a trip out there??? theres a few small farms dotted arround that way with older kit, i got some pics of the mf 525 but didnt have my camera on me that day when we went for a walk

malc there was a matador parked up in a yard when i was up there in june, on the back road from athelington to worlingworth, recon it was still used to looking at it, so may be worth a trip out there??? theres a few small farms dotted arround that way with older kit, i got some pictures of the mf 525 but didnt have my camera on me that day when we went for a walk

Interesting!  :)  Might take a trip out there after the GP on Sunday if the weather holds that long! Any idea of the name of the road/farm/farmer by any chance??

Thanks!

/m.