mf 4260 convo

just been tinkering in the shed inbetween other bits and bobs and can up with this,sort of inspired by 1972's version,saw a real one today and thought how much it looked like the britains 6140(had the low bonnet) so thought i would try it out,what do you all think so far

a tidy wee job there Sean,

tim`s I`ve always thought were good value and under rated ..........give them to the kids to play with to keep them away from yr good models I also think .

Cheap enough to modify too  good to learn on  just in case of expensive mistakes  ........I have a 2wd version of the 4260, actually gareth did it for me ages ago, fat wheels ... 595 DRW type not thin 595 or 6600 wheels , looks ok  but yours looks better with a better cab....... a loader would be nice...........Tim do a MF with a loader I  have one of them too , perhaps that could be played with and improved?????

John

nice work there sean  :) going to try & keep the wheels fromthe tim fergie & try to graft it to a britains chassis like 72 did or a siku renault creres for the hitch , i thought about the siku deutz 4.70 but am reluctant to break a decent model :-\

the only trouble i can see with it is the same i had with my 3680 convo & thats the bonnet is a different shade of red to the rear wings , just like you had trouble matching the drills for your 4 meter convo :-\

yeah it is slightly lighter,but i think i may be able to overcome that as the fergy paint i have is a little lighter,i have 2/3 of the rear arches so will try a set out, i have also got the basics of the front loader fitted now,just need to make the rams for the tipping part,

my convo skills arn't up to much but havn't worked out how to fix the cab end to the chassis without butchering it , & part of me doesn't want to wreck the deutz chassis  ::) i've had it since a kid & i think sentiment is getting in the way :-\

i'll post this & then attatch a pic  if i can

post-211-132638514544_thumb.jpg

post-211-132638514548_thumb.jpg