On the road with a Agricultural Engineer

BK741

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice updates ben,keep them coming

Thanks Paul. We have been flat out at work since harvest so haven't spent much time on FTF but now the dark nights have come I will have time to update. Watch this space!

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday morning breakdown very early MLT 629T with stalling engine and no drive. Found bearings collasped on input shaft in to angle drive gear box. Rebulit with new bearings set up preload and refitted.

IMG_0164.jpg

Input shaft

IMG_0163.jpg

Angle gearbox

IMG_0168.jpg

Number plate says it all!

IMG_0166.jpg

with that manitou and the engine mod did you actually find any problem with it or your just doing as the recall says and replace the bolts? we have a machine to do tommorow

There are three levels of repair once the engine is out and sump,flywheel and crankshaft oil seal removed.

1. Check bolts and trigger wheel are tight and not damaged,check tapered holes in crank. Renew bolts.

2. As above but damage to triggerwheel replace

3. As above but damage found to tappered holes in crank and or triggerwheel loose, fit new crank!

My engine only needed the frist stage doing. Not that bad to get the engine out. I had only this one to do but have had Di-Perk do two in the last 12 months.

Ben

Archived