Claas lexion 600 Terra tractrac stolen

its nuts isnt it, they will try and steal anything and do anything to steal it.

when i think that the 600TT at suckleys is open as i speak. just need to be more carefull for the sake of protecting your machine id rather spend time and fuel taking it back to the farm to lock it up

but thats me, all farmers are different

I can not belive in this day and age that people do not have trackers ,extra locks alarms , and take them back to the yard at night to If at all possable, 400 odd ks worth of kits worth protecting , you would not leave a £400000 house unlocked and un alarmed would you

would the combine not have GPS as part of the yield mapping - could it not be located that way?

Unfortunately not - the GPS mapping systems are recievers only, not transmitters.   

I too find it incredible the way that most farms virtually abandon very expensive tackle wherever they have finished with it, with little thought of security (often with the key left in the ignition, or only superficially 'hidden' - doesn't help that most manufacturers use a universal key type.

Very large machinery used to be fairly immune from theft, but the problem now is the parts are worth too much on the black market (particularly in Eastern Europe where they don't seem to have any qualms about buying stolen machines or parts), and it is relatively easy to dismantle them and ship the parts out. 

It never ceases to amaze me, the people that just don't take heed from what they read or listen to what others say. It's about as careless as these people who leave DVD's and memory sticks containing sensitive data on trains and so on. Like Sean said, the value of these machines nowadays it just beggars belief that the owners are so cavalier in the way they own and fail to look after them. I wonder if the farmer who owned this one would leave £400,000 in cash on his kitchen table in full view of a window and the keys in his vehicle outside for any possible thieves to drive away in!

It never ceases to amaze me, the people that just don't take heed from what they read or listen to what others say. It's about as careless as these people who leave DVD's and memory sticks containing sensitive data on trains and so on. Like Sean said, the value of these machines nowadays it just beggars belief that the owners are so cavalier in the way they own and fail to look after them. I wonder if the farmer who owned this one would leave £400,000 in cash on his kitchen table in full view of a window and the keys in his vehicle outside for any possible thieves to drive away in!

I see what you're saying Tris......BUT.......its not so easy as just unhooking the header and tootling back the road especially if they wrap up late........moreover its bl00dy poor sign of our society when everything got to be nailed down

no thats very true richard, given how bad its getting, i am still amazed that makers do not add, alarms, imobalisers, key coded keys, all the stuff you see in modern cars , however, something as simple as removing the battery??? or some sort of breaker hidden away only known the the owner  would do a similar task and may delay the theft?? thing is no matter how much you try, if they really want it, its gone

• 1 month later...

i got to be honest i think its dispickable ! the machine is someones pride and joy and alot of effort has gone into the investment of the machine which can take years and a theif can destroy it in an hour or two  >:(  its bad when youve got to "baby sit " your tools i think :/ i remember as a kid we used to finnish late and we used to just park up in the field next to the road <leave the keys in it and go home in the 4x4 , and now in work if we have to leave kit out of our yard we always try take it back to the farm yard or if its too far it gets hiden in the field and a implement blockin the gate -shows how the world has changed doesnt it  :-\