What's the most expensive brochure in your collection

As per the title really... but let me expand a little too...

What is the most you HAVE paid for a brochure/book etc in your literature collection ???

What is the most you WOULD be prepared to pay ???

What do you think about the current values of some pieces sold on auction sites or at shows ???

I need to think about mine as I don't record values at the present time.. I have regularly paid over £100 for a brochure I do know... and £350 for an MF worldwide catalogue recently.

Lord F,

I can't match the £350 for the MF WWC, but I once paid £75 or £100 for a single sheet on a Marshall oil tractor, circa 1910. To be honest, I've never really paid big money for single items as I've tended to go more for collections (for which I've paid some fairly hefty sums).

Regards

R Day

Most I paid is £10 I think. Was an Fortschritt E516 brochure bought from Rory on Ebay (I think). I still regard them as pieces of paper! Nice collectable ones but nonetheless just a flattened tree with ink on top. Plus its a sport finding a nice brochure for little money. I am not in a hurry collecting so when I see something desireable I like to think another one will come up some time.

Can we do another topic please; What is the highest number of topics Lord F has started in a single week?  ;D

Most I paid is £10 I think. Was an Fortschritt E516 brochure bought from Rory on Ebay (I think). I still regard them as pieces of paper! Nice collectable ones but nonetheless just a flattened tree with ink on top. Plus its a sport finding a nice brochure for little money. I am not in a hurry collecting so when I see something desireable I like to think another one will come up some time.

Can we do another topic please; What is the highest number of topics Lord F has started in a single week?  ;D

That has to be the best description for a brochure I think I have ever heard  :D :D  .. brilliant..

Just off to start a topic "What's the best description for a brochure that you've ever heard"  ;):P:-*

As told earlier before I write down all prices of my brochures starting in 2005, so this is an easy question for me. The most I've paid for a brochure is about £100 for a E27N brochure with a Perkins P6 engine fitted published in Canada.

I looked through my Excel sheet and calculated that the average Ford(son) / County cost me £8,50 over the last six years. That were a lot of brochures and not only standard ones... I didn't knew that till know (interesting topics Mark!!!!). I couldn't believe it was that low, but I recalculated it  :laugh: . Collection brochures is a hobby, but looking for bargains on Ebay is an even bigger hobby, I spend a lot of time searching on Ebay and with result I think  :P .

How much I want to pay for a brochure? When I follow my emotion it is unlimited "I want that brochure, I just want it!! >:( >:( ", but most of the time my conscience wins  :( . My limit is around £100 for a rare item in good condition. That happens luckily not very often, because it is and will be a hobby for me and I don't have an unlimited budget. To reduce my costs I'm also buying brochures and farm models to sell them again with a reasonable margin, everybody happy.

Last but not least a tip of the day to save a lot of money (works for me): BE PATIENT. Most brochures come by more than once, just wait and take your chance.

That has to be the best description for a brochure I think I have ever heard  :D :D  .. brilliant..

Just off to start a topic "What's the best description for a brochure that you've ever heard"  ;):P:-*

You shouldn't loose reality Lord F! I like to see it as it is  :P If you don't you end up going madd and before you know it you appear in brochures yourself, devote your life to it and have tatoos from brochures on your bod.... hang you on  :-X;D Just realised something  :P