huish farm

Paul Palmer

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to see the rogator has arrived safely with you paul. was it much of a job to get it repaired?

no chris,very lucky,i posted up a topic of cleaning a dusty/dirty model,pics in there of the repair,when i asked the spare parts guy how much he wanted for the rogator i fell off the phone when he said only Â£20.00,bargain of the year i think chris,mind you, i buy a lot off stuff through him

ive highlighted the repair chris,in red,it was just a rivet broke,it was a display model,and kids used to open the booms,one heavy handed kid,and snap,but with some good metal to metal glue,its as good as new,there was a review of this model,not on here but on the web,and that review said that it couldnt keep the booms up,they would slowly fall down under their own weight,and it does it on mine as well,but i reckon i can get round that,the elastic band was there just to apply pressure as the glue dried,it was also very dirty,but i cleaned it and its in perfect nick now,no box,but that never bothers me,as i dont keep models in their boxes anyway

post-1769-0-76859500-1358551047_thumb.jp

Thats a nice touch Paul its small things like that which makes all the difference nice work.

thanks bob,ive also decided on my 2nd tractor,it will be  the wiking fendt 828,with also a fendt 820 doing all the basic and runaround jobs,landrover to get,the new jcb telehandler by britains when its out,possibly,will have a look at it first ,and in the summer,2 hire tractors and grain trailers from three oaks models,also will be looking at new buildings,the buildings are not quite big enough,ive got machinery sticking out the end of my buildings

• 2 months later...

what you see jd is what tractors are their,implements no ,apart from the uh lemken 6 metre drill and harrow/solitare and lemken front press,169 baler i allready have,and the 24 cultivator,others im going to have a good think about

Lovely Paul, what tractors are on Huish now?

Decided what implements to get?

I'd say the siku 3m lemken power harrow would be a good bet cheap and would look well on the smaller tractors. A sprayer and fert spreader of some sort as most farms have them too. 4 or 5 furrow plough and some grain trailers.

thankyou bob,lemken drill and front press should be with me soon,going on the 7624,i allways check with guys who know,and a guy from lemken said a 7624 would be fine,but usually they go on a 300 hp tractor for the lift capacity,but i told him what the mf 7624 can lift and he said fine,he did send me some pictures of the combination on a new holland T7060 but said it just manages it on flat land

Ah Paul im glad to see Huish back on the go and running a all MF fleet :D

thankyou bob,lemken drill and front press should be with me soon,going on the 7624,i allways check with guys who know,and a guy from lemken said a 7624 would be fine,but usually they go on a 300 hp tractor for the lift capacity,but i told him what the mf 7624 can lift and he said fine,he did send me some pictures of the combination on a new holland T7060 but said it just manages it on flat land

Paul you will need to make sure that Huish farm has flat ground :D

Archived