FORD TW-15 DECAIL . HELP!

justy 46

Can anyone tell me were i can get a TW-15 decail to fit 1/32 Britains FORD 5610 bonnet. It has to be the decail seen on the early 80's era Q cab Fords with the light blue backround & the blue oval. If someone could even print one for me it would be a great help. Cant find the right one anywhere on the net. Cheers  :)

did u ask dave towse

i I actully got one from Dave. But it aint that acurate. But saying that i got a load of stuff from Dave and everything else was spot on by him.  As for the decal tough his has no blue oval ,only FORD  in 7700/8100 or 9700 style print over the front grill. And the backround colour is away too dark. Almost navy in colour. It has to be the Britains Ford 7710 style of decal  which is kinda a duckegg blue  ; :laugh: with the BLUE OVAL  . And nobody seems to have it. :'(

Can anyone tell me were i can get a TW-15 decail to fit 1/32 Britains FORD 5610 bonnet. It has to be the decail seen on the early 80's era Q cab Fords with the light blue backround & the blue oval. If someone could even print one for me it would be a great help. Cant find the right one anywhere on the net. Cheers  :)

I have two different ERTL TW-15s with that decal. Can't imagine why you'd badge the Britains 7710 as a TW.

004-11.jpg

003-12.jpg

I have two different ERTL TW-15s with that decal. Can't imagine why you'd badge the Britains 7710 as a TW.

004-11.jpg

003-12.jpg

Well the Britains 7710 was never acurate like the 5610. Look up David Pullens Britains bible & he even states it. The Britains 7710 was actualy a TW-20 by Britains first day. Its casting is based on a 6cyl Ford & always was. So badging it a TW-15 is quiet right & thats what Britains sould have done from day one instead of badging it a 7710 in my opoinon.

They badged it as a TW-20 first day and then realised they'd messed up - it would be a TW-20 in about 1:35 or so - hence why it was changed to a 7710, which the size suited better, even if the engine block didn't. Why it was then rebadged as a 5610 is anybody's guess

They badged it as a TW-20 first day and then realised they'd messed up - it would be a TW-20 in about 1:35 or so - hence why it was changed to a 7710, which the size suited better, even if the engine block didn't. Why it was then rebadged as a 5610 is anybody's guess

Maybe so. Britains messed up on alot of things. But i aint using a  Britains 7710 anyway. Im using a the latter fat wheeled 5610 which is a good tractor to use. Already done an 8210  using one ,which turned out quiet well. The ERTL version might be a better tractor to use in some peoples opoinon, but its hard to work on,lacks even more detail than the Britains & parts are easier to source from the likes of D Towse if a Britains is used. I also have 2 other Britains TWs . A TW-25 & a TW-30 conversion which im also working on,so the ERTL would look out of place in the middle of that lot on my display cabinet which is another reason to use the  OVERSIZED 5610 for my TW-15 conversion & all the cabs match up. The Ertl would not. As a matter of fact the ERTL SQ cab makes me want to puke! Its horrible. Ive seen diormas with guys using NEWRAY,BRITAINS,ERTL Fords & even the UH 7810 all mixed in. Which is not right cause they all look wrong together. I stick to the one manufactor and thats Britains with the exception of the UH 7810.  I dont like the ERTL & NEWRAY versions & will never have them in my collection

With the exception of the MF2680 type wheels, glazing and grille, the later 5610 is the same as the TW20/7710  ;) 

The Britains TW20 started life in 1981 and was slightly scaled down to fit in with the existing wheels and tyres (presumably they did not wish to go to the cost of new tooling for wheels and tyres at that time).  They had done pretty much the same with the Ford 5000 in 1965 - Britains used the same wheels and tyres as the previous Fordson Majors and by my measurements, the 5000 was slightly underscale.

When the MF 2680 was released in 1984, with larger, newly tooled wheels and tyres, the TW20 model would have looked obviously underscale and out of place, and I imagine that is probably why it was re-decalled as a 7710, in spite of being inaccurate in a number of ways (engine detail, bonnet/wheelbase too long etc).

It was then made into the 5610 by changing the grille moulding - and became what has to be regarded as the worst toy Britains have ever made with regard to accuracy (virtually no part of it was correct).

Nothing wrong with using either the 5610 or the 7710 as a basis for conversion to a TW15 - the engine detail, and general proportions are correct.

With the exception of the MF2680 type wheels, glazing and grille, the later 5610 is the same as the TW20/7710  ;) 

The Britains TW20 started life in 1981 and was slightly scaled down to fit in with the existing wheels and tyres (presumably they did not wish to go to the cost of new tooling for wheels and tyres at that time).  They had done pretty much the same with the Ford 5000 in 1965 - Britains used the same wheels and tyres as the previous Fordson Majors and by my measurements, the 5000 was slightly underscale.

When the MF 2680 was released in 1984, with larger, newly tooled wheels and tyres, the TW20 model would have looked obviously underscale and out of place, and I imagine that is probably why it was re-decalled as a 7710, in spite of being inaccurate in a number of ways (engine detail, bonnet/wheelbase too long etc).

It was then made into the 5610 by changing the grille moulding - and became what has to be regarded as the worst toy Britains have ever made with regard to accuracy (virtually no part of it was correct).

Nothing wrong with using either the 5610 or the 7710 as a basis for conversion to a TW15 - the engine detail, and general proportions are correct.

Your right in what your saying  in regards Britains always keeping thing simple & straight forward for themselfs by using same castings & wheels for different models. The TW-20 was a bit underscaled and had the same wheels as their 6600 which seemed  very wrong. There 5000 would have nearly passed for a 4000 and the latter 5610 was one of Britains worst. But at the end of the day all i wanted was a few TW conversions  by using Britains models which seem to me to be the best choice to work on. The Britains TW-20 looks way outa scale now these days when you put it longside a more detailed UH 7810 or IMBER 5640. But the model making business has come along way scene the early 80's i guess.  ;)

Anyway we can close this subject cause ive got on to HENRI WALKER for my decal and his doing me one! :) Cheers guys and thanks for the help & the good  depate about Britains Fords. It was interesting ;):laugh:

The Ertl TW can be made to fit in with the Britains one by putting on new shoes and cab roof

tw15p.jpg

That looks a nice model, but ill stick to the Britains. That Ertl would looka bit overpowering along side the Britains TW-25 & 35 Powerfarm. My TW-15 is coming on well now so theres no turning back. And my TW-30 is done & she looks the berrys. The TW-15 well pair of well alongside it. ;)