Krone Big X 1100,with XDisc header

;) Just finished this the Ros Krone Big X 1100 with the XDisc grass / wholecrop header,

XDiscb.jpg

I finished it today,just added the decal's and fixed the laser etched brass mesh onto the hatch doors,there is an aluminium tube run's along the top of each hatch / door with tiny hinge / brakets at the top so that each hatch could be opened to show the big auger underneath,but when I Araldited the mesh in place the Araldite set into globules which are just big enough to stop them fitting into place  >:( >:( ,so now they are held in place with double sided sticky plastic, ::) ,

XDiscc.jpg

XDisce.jpg

XDiscf.jpg

XDiscg.jpg

XDisca.jpg

XDisch.jpg

I hope you like it KIM75

Regards

Joe.

That is pretty flipping special, what a way to show the model in a different light. Looks a big header and I bet that auger has to turn some, knowing what the appetite of these machines are!  :of :of

Excellent modelling, Joe  8) 8) 8)

Cheers Brian dicky and Tris,hopefully I'll get the Claas Direct disc finished tomorrow,then onto the Daf 105 artic slurry tanker ??? then on and on,here is a wee photo of how I made the auger for that XDisc,don't accredit me with the idea though,I "borrowed" that from a guy on GTP who made a new auger for the big MF combine I think it was,

Kroneauger1.jpg

fairly easy way to make an auger,got to watch the old superglue on the fingers though  ::) ::);)

Regards

Joe.

Well Dominic,I got the big Krone at the start of September,and started on the header shortly after that,so six weeks maybe,just when I had spare time really,

that looks as if ros made the header,very smart Joe :)

any plans to build a trailer for it to transport it about

Aye jamie,a Siku header trailer is something I'll be doing for it in the future,

nice work there joe ,,,your not just a pretty face then mate ,,,,

Aye Peter right  :-[:-[

Regards

Joe,

:) :) Cheers Sean,that's my first proper scratch build ??? ??? ,the XDisc has been around quite a while I think,much the same as the Claas machine,I'm doing one of them tomorrow,unless a parcel delivery upset's my plans  ;) ;)

here's Krones XDisc site http://landmaschinen.krone.de/english/products/forage-harvester/big-x-700-850-1100/xdisc/

Regards

Joe.

• 4 months later...

I dont know how i missed this topic Joe but that is realy a nice peace you made on the Krone!

Kind regards Johny ;)

Thank you Johny

what did you use for the curtain at the front?

The curtain is made from Solartex,the model aeroplane guys use it for wing fabric,plus the colour is spot on

I missed this first time around too - lovely build, Joe. Making tiny hinges can be very dodgy. ;D

Then some :o look out for another, similar,but VERY different colours >:D >:D

Regards

Joe.

• 2 months later...

No convesion needed Eoin,the XDisc header was scratch built,so I just copied the original Ros fitting's,so now the XDisc just clips on,same as the original,it's still boxed up after the North East show at Aberdeen,but IF I remember I'll take it out and post up some pictures,

Regards

Joe.