Anyone going to newark at the weekend?

Jdeere6910

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there with an FTF Model Farmer Magazine stand and my Dad will be there with his stand of models new and old. Its a cracking show. I think the theme this year is John Deere and Lanz.

there is a customer of mine called gary marsh attending the show to display his collection of john deere tractors ,this is worth while seeing ,but i can not make it my self this year ,i do have it on my radar for next year as a seller

I'm planning on heading down on the saturday with my Dad and my camera. Had a brilliant time last year, there were some very rare and historically significant tractors on display. Really looking forward to catching up with fellow members. :)

Looking forward to the photographs David.

Cracking first day at Newark. Must have broken records for people in on a Saturday. Hope your batteries held out David!

Agreed Andy, absolutely brilliant day, so many highlights. From Gary Marsh's magnificent display of John Deere model tractors, the very impressive Blue Force stand and many more rare and unusual tractors beside. Most of which I caught on camera. :)

Had a good day today, had a catch up with David while he was snapping away at a very large collection of JD models. Both me and Andy have decided we want a John Deere 8430 after seeing a lovely restored example :)

Enjoyed catching up with you Patrick and many other familiar faces, had a brilliant day. Must say I thought that restored 8430 was absolutely stunning and what a treat to have that tractor aswell the older 7520 and 7020 articulated tractors located in the same pavillion. I am now a proud 8430 owner myself, if only in 1/32nd scale. :)

.....Photographs to follow very soon. :)

would like to see the 8430 david,used to drive one of those

Here you go Paul.....what a beauty. One of many stunning green and yellow classics on display.  8)

P1120599.jpg

....I'll post more from the fullsize machines later, however first up i'm planning posting photographs of the model displays. :)

Here you go Paul.....what a beauty. One of many stunning green and yellow classics on display.  8)

P1120599.jpg

....I'll post more from the fullsize machines later, however first up i'm planning posting photographs of the model displays. :)

do i feel a wally,i thought you meant the ford 8430,anyway still nice to see the deere anyway,im going in the corner of the room now,and that ford should be 8340,numpty time for me

do i feel a wally,i thought you meant the ford 8430,anyway still nice to see the deere anyway,im going in the corner of the room now,and that ford should be 8340,numpty time for me

No worries Paul. The big 8430 was easily one of the highlights of a superb gathering of classic John Deeres. Don't think i've ever seen so many 20 and 30 series machines in one place before. :)

Time to start my photographic tour of my trip to Newark on saturday with the model displays. Firstly Malcolm Booth's line up of largely  Fordson and Ford rebuilds and conversions.

P1110960.jpg

P1110961.jpg

P1110971.jpg

P1110980.jpg

That does look a nice restoration David...looks like a lot of time and effort and money has been spent on that one.

Whilst it was great to see all the Ford and Fordson models on his stand I was most taken with his World Wide series International residing in his farm yard.

P1110970.jpg

P1110973.jpg

P1110975.jpg

My Dad's very play worn Britains Super Major makes an appearance in the corner of the yard. This tractor along with an equally dilapidated pre Force 5000 are now with Malcolm awaiting restoration ready for Christmas.

P1110977.jpg