Spalding v Zwolle Topic (split from 2011 Zwolle topic)

mrol

If the UK staged a show similar in size and venue layout to Zwolle - would you attend ? - Dig Deep, Search your feelings... HONEST ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE  

58 members have voted

1. 1. If the UK staged a show similar in size and venue layout to Zwolle - would you attend ? - Dig Deep, Search your feelings... HONEST ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE

• Yes - regardless of distance
    • No - I just don't fancy that type of show
    • Possibly if within 100 miles of me (and no more)
    • Possibly if within 150 miles of me (and no more)
    • Possibly if within 200 miles of me (and no more)
    • Possibly if within 250 miles of me (and no more)

i'd be going to the April show for sure and take the next day off as well, so i could have more time to check everything out if the show is increased in time. A show/selling table would be a bit more difficult and depends on what i costs to hire a table and if i want to pack the car all up for a 900km drive accross borders etc..

But it might be a good idea, if the venue is increased in size, to send out a mailing to FTF members with information on hiring/getting a table at the show. I have gotten mailings from other shows as well with a question to join the show as a seller/displayer through other Forums. Also flyers at other shows that are held in the months before the show, would increase attendance figures.. (definately if it says that the show will be bigger then before with ...% increase in size and with more displays, model builders and sellers then before.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could/would bring a display about the same as Toytrac provided there was overnight security arrangements (lockup storage perhaps) as my models are too valuable to leave in my car overnight or in an unattended marquee.  Taking models up to my room would be a nightmare.

You could also mailshot the Model Farmer readers to help fill it

I could/would bring a display about the same as Toytrac provided there was overnight security arrangements (lockup storage perhaps) as my models are too valuable to leave in my car overnight or in an unattended marquee.  Taking models up to my room would be a nightmare.

You could also mailshot the Model Farmer readers to help fill it

I believe Springfields has an overnight security guard Sue.

I think we should try to persuade a group of the NI modellers to come over for Spalding as they have some great dioramas and would be some good inspiration to all the visitors (obviously alongside the British guys).

It would be nice but when you take days off work, travel time, accomodation etc it would be too expensive.

Irish farmers would support alot of shows, sales etc in the UK. Instead of us coming over to the mainland what about the mainlanders coming over to this wee island to support the shows here?  :) 

Why dont the forum guys run a new themselves

Case of 'why bother' from my side of things Roy  ;) for me to run a show it would need to be a commercial venture... this kind of business is about input V reward... and I can think of a lot faster ways to make money.. even within the model world as it happens, like commissioning code 3 models for instance.. something I can talk with a modicum of experience on... but, of course that's more about risk V reward in that case.

Too many plates to spin on sticks as it is.. I suspect that goes for most of my fellow moderators as well.

Plus... why take the bread out of Colin Boors mouth ??? .. Greed would be the only reason I can think of.. and that's most likely one of the most horrible traits of human nature.

I agree with Marky. 

It would be great to have an FTF show but organising any show is a logistics nightmare on top of which events that are specific to our interests are few and all types of collectors events are suffering from reduced entries.  Hire of the venue, advertising and marketing costs, arranging security etc all cost money which is generally payable up front. Someone has to put their hand in their pocket to finance it and therefore needs a return of the investment.

There is no point in watering down the interest in Spalding or any other existing model farm event.  It is much better to augment an existing show but even that requires commitment on our part. Otherwise this could be a case of Everybody saying they will participate as Anybody can do it.  In the end Nobody does because Everybody assumes that Somebody will be there.

There will still be costs to cover for a marquee (unless somebody knows an enthusiast with a marquee going for free 8) )

Off the box!