Chris whitehead memorial show

lakeland

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks again to all involved and to all those who travelled down from Scotland, and up from way down south, and to all the supportive comments and feed back posted on here, Thanks to Mike (Robbo) and David (Walter) for posting up pics, i only took 2 all day but wasn't for the lack of trying!

Bill, The Ford collection belongs to John Dewhurst, and was the first time he'd brought out almost his entire collection, and the Meccano models were handiwork of Mark Rolston, who brought along just a taster of his built up models that he has in his collection, He can soon fill a table or 3 but transport then becomes an issue.

Tris the FH660 was done in memory of dad by 1st time exhibitor Andy Ainsworth who brought along a selection of his built up kits and conversions that won him 3rd prize in the senior class.

All in all a good day was had by all and was a great Tribute to two of the Farm model worlds most memorable and devoted enthusiasts, Both Chris (dad) and Phil will have left an everlasting impression in so many peoples lives and yesterday proved that both men will never be forgotten for there contibutions to the farm model hobby and show circuit. :) :) :)

We'll let you know what develops in the pipeline for future plans,

A Very Big Thanks to everyone for cracking weekend and all for well worthy cause

great to meet friends new and old hopefully this venue will continue, great to see the amount raise for both charties even on very wet and windy day

kind regards

jonathan and benjamin

p.s Paul, Damian i would just come again just for food off the van out of this world ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Many thanks again to all involved and to all those who travelled down from Scotland, and up from way down south, and to all the supportive comments and feed back posted on here, Thanks to Mike (Robbo) and David (Walter) for posting up pics, i only took 2 all day but wasn't for the lack of trying!

You're very welcome Paul. I still have a few more sets which I will post up during the course of today. Really pleased I made the journey over to support the show. :)

Cheers David, it was great that you made it over, always good to be able to catch up with a few friends and you were a winning bidder to increase your collection too! Can't be bad!!

Rather pleased I was able to pop that final bid in for the Super 6 Paul. Chuffed to bits with the model and delighted to have contributed to such worthy causes. :)

The photos are spot on, David. The 1/76th display of Michael Rowbothams was/is especially brilliant, an era long before my time buy hoth Traci and I really enjoyed looking over that one and again at the photos you have posted if it. :)

The photos are spot on, David. The 1/76th display of Michael Rowbothams was/is especially brilliant, an era long before my time buy hoth Traci and I really enjoyed looking over that one and again at the photos you have posted if it. :)

Thanks ever so much Tris. Along with a number of the other layouts on display yesterday this was the first time i'd seen Michael's layout in the flesh. It really is amazing to see what can be achieved in this scale particularly when it comes to farming scenes as nostalgic as these. :)

This plant and construction equipment collection certainly has certainly given me planty of inspiration as to models that might be added to my Dad and I's joint collection in the future.

P1160222.jpg

Seen on another stand, this pair of Siku low loaders brought back many happy childhood memories. I remember receiving the loading shovel based outfit for my sixth birthday. Unfortunately I ended up selling in my later teens.

P1160231.jpg

P1160324.jpg

P1160376.jpg