Chris whitehead memorial show

lakeland

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

165 tables unloaded, moved, set up, to fill 2 halls many thanks to all those who helped (you know who you are), numerous trade stands and exhibits in place and set up. fingers crossed its a good day tomorrow and you all have a safe journey and an enjoyable day :)

Auction sheets for tractors and cake will be available in the morning with the first lot drawn at 11am then every 30mins thereafter, the last tractor and cake will end together at 1.30pm, with Raffle comencing at 2pm ;)

Hope to see you there

Paul and Lynn

Sounding so so organised Paul... well done to you and all your helpers and wishing you and mum Lynn all the best for tomorrow.Your dad may not be with you but I'm sure if he was looking down on the day he would be proud of his son and wife. My only regret is I cannot be there to see the show ...but I'll be thinking about it and expecting pictures tomorrow evening by at least 5 pm ;D ;D

Thanks Bill, Yep it hard work but hopefully today will make it all worth it. I'm sure there be pictures up. Likewise for your good selves next weekend, me and mum wish you and your team every sucsess too! Next year we'll make the journey up and bring a display or 2 too :)

Oh I look forward to that next weekend

Anyway as I type it is close to closing time for the show and I do hope it has been a good one.

Now then who will be the first one to post pictures of the show...there is a prize here at stake but you will have to come to Aberdeen on Sunday to collect it ...a half dozen Aberdeen rowies ;D ;D

OK Bill I win but I won't be coming to Aberdeen next week as I have a family wedding to attend, however you will be glad to know that you won the bidding for the chocolate cake and you owe Brian £100 for the winning bid

Tractors031.jpg

Please excuse the smudge on this picture, I too it through glass and I didn't see the handprint :-[

Tractors032.jpg

Tractors033.jpg

Tractors035.jpg

Tractors024.jpg

Tractors025.jpg

Well done Mike..I'll give mr softie your half dozen rowies to take home and put in his freezer until the next Spalding when he can take them down to you ;D ;D ... I do like chocolate cake but I don't recall telling Brian to bid until you buy....anyway looks a good show and I have spotted a few "kint" aka known faces. I don't want to single out any picture but the ones which really caught my eye...in no order of preference...... were that amazing collection of Fords...(who owns them :huh: ) and those Meccano models looked great..... again I don't know who was showing them...and last but not least was Andy Sewell there with some of his amazing builds :huh: ..last time I saw his models must have been at the museum at Kittochside near East Kilbride many years ago. Edited by BC

I'm not good with names of the various exhibitors but there was a really good variety and everyone put on a special effort for the show.

Unfortunately the appalling weather kept the numbers down but they did manage to raise £1825 which was split evenly between the two chosen charities, Clic Sergeant cancer research and the North West Air Ambulance