Chris whitehead memorial show

lakeland

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after the penrith show last year i was approached by Harold powlton ,Lynne whitehead and Paul whitehead and a conversation took place about doing some thing for charity ,so i said i had no problem with this because of the connection Chris whitehead had with the model world ,,,,

so my donation for the charity is that i have done this wiking fendt 936 in pearl white paint work and it is just waiting for stickers . it is for the CLIC Sargent children's cancer charity

raffle tickets and more information will be available here on this feed or from Harold powlton and you can contact him on 07967510202

Harold will be taking this tractor around the up and coming shows over the next 2 months to raise money for the charity so i am sure you will all put your hands in your pocket and support this very worthy cause

the raffle will be drawn at the Chris whitehead memorial show on the 29th April 2012

http://www.clicsargent.org.uk/Home

post-2632-0-62160500-1330285769_thumb.jp

post-2632-0-65425500-1330285796_thumb.jp

post-2632-0-15890000-1330285812_thumb.jp

post-2632-0-08925000-1330285879_thumb.jp

Edited by convo

Cracking model Peter.

I can only thank everyone (even you Harold hehe) who puts there hand in their pocket as both my son & I can personally say what an amazing job clicsargent are doing for children. Basically thanks to them my son Matt (some of you may remember him helping me out at Farmer Giles a few years back) has got his life back together and is now at Sheffield University with his new leg.

Loking forward to a real good show. A few of us are staying in the Ibis Hotel for a couple of nights and will have a couple of sherberts in our usual manner so come and join in

Thanks for your support David, its a worthwhile cause and dad always liked to see the next generation enjoying farm models and displaying them too, and time spent in hospital let him see another side to children trying to cope with their illnesses and the help that Clic provides. Lets hope the show does well! :)

On a sadder note though the show will also remember and pay tribute to respected modeller and all round great bloke Phil Hairsine who tragically passed away last week :'( .

It be a hectic weekend for us Barry but i try an join you for a quick scoop.

• 3 weeks later...

SHOW NEWS UPDATE!!!!

After some serious thought (and the comments about her baking at Annandale show) my mum Lynn has decided to bake a chocolate cake to take to the show and offer it to the highest bidder amongst the Traders, Exhibitors and FTF members present on the day to help raise a bit more money for the charities :)

Unfortunatley there isn't a Buy it Now option in this auction, just highest bidder wins :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

SHOW NEWS UPDATE,

Harold now informs us that all tables now booked and delivery arranged, There are signs being printed and sorted, The list of Raffle prizes has grown immensley after some very kind donations and welcomed support. Selected items being organised for Auction throughout the day, as well as tombola's by Clic and the Northwest Air Ambulance, confirmation letters have been sent out at those who applied, so with nearly 3 weeks left to go, lets hope we haven't forgotten anything! ;) Fingers crossed its a great day and we hope to see some of you there :)