new tractor

smish

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys,

gave her a full service this evening,was a bit concerned the other day when i had a trailer on and when i had the brakes on for more than a few seconds,the lift arms started to judder and rise and lower slightly and the steering became a little heavy.got very worried that the pump was on the way out,but thankfully after changing both the hydraulic filters she is 100% again. to say they were both manky would be an understatement!!!!

• 1 month later...

hey guys just a few pics of my 3050 turbo after she got a lick of paint,new decals, lights, mirrors and a few other bits and bobs. just have to finish the upholstery on the inside now,pics will follow soon. let me know what ye all think,thanks lads.

post-276-132638525986_thumb.jpg

post-276-132638525991_thumb.jpg

I dare say Ricky will need a cold flannel after seeing this. I may too though, looks bigger with the new wellies on it and the paint job looks good too. Good job it's got yellow wheels else we wouldn't see  it sat there!! Nice tractor, Smish must be a happy chappy??

Very nice, you just gotta love those old 6 cylinder JD's, a pleasure to drive, better than some newer tractors. You should be pleased with your purchase, hope it gives you loads of hours of reliable service

thanks guys, yea im dead happy with the finished result,looks really good,was doin a bit of hauling with it through the local town today and its was turning more than a few heads,was well impressed!!! I was like a child on christmas morning!!!

i do like the deeres & that is one sexy looking tractor you got there smish, it looked pretty tidy before, but a bit of elbow grease you put into it has finished it really nicely  :) :) :) :) :)

:o :o :o :o Cracking job, looks lovely!! what jobs have you got planned for it this season smish?

Is it me or are the decals looking a bit different to the originals?

get a bit of heat from the engine & the bleaching effect from the sun & the decals will calm down 

Cheers Marcus, just thought they looked a bit odd. But still one hell of a tractor and hope you feel proud when driving it because she's a little gem  :)

i don't think i'll ever get to drive it luke , as it's not mine :-\

i got a local gut to make up the decals for me as the genuine ones from jd were nearly 200 euro!! he made those up for 50 so i couldnt go wrong!!! with some heat and weather they will fade a bit over time.

have spent about 3 weeks on it,a friend of mine sprayed the bonnet and mudguards and he got the wheels sandblasted before he painted those.

ill have her out on silage work in a few weeks time and god knows what will happen after that,might even sell her and buy another project for the winter!!

HOLY MOTHER OF **** ING SLOBBER ELLO ELLO ELLO WNT IT WANT IT WANT IT!!!!

Smish if you dare sell that just you get it onto a lorry and send it ballymoney direction!!!!!

WANT WANT OH wait I already have one!!

AW well I can have two!!!

DROOL DROOL  :P :P :P :P

CAN I HAVE IT??

What tires is it on??

Put michmans on it do her proper justice!!!!

HANG ON A MINUTE!!!

WHAT HOURS IS ON HER??

WHAT YEAR WAS SHE MADE???

WHAT MONTH??

LOOK UNDER DIESEL FILLER CAP, MONTH AND YEAR SHOULD BE STAMPED ON IT!!

mine is march 1990,

So can I have it smish?? PLEASE??

Get a set of new weights for the front of her, Put about about 300kg up front, far far smoother ride, Also tyre pressures play a vital role in the ride of the 3050's.

Not sure about the twin beacons at the front to be honest, Bar Beacon or twins at the REAR of a 3050 i always thought but everyone to them selves.

CAN I HAVE IT??

What Radio and speakers are in it??

Pop in halfords and up grade them a bit do her justice

Scarp that open the sunroof and keep changing gear to hear the snorkel and the snuff of that pipe  sending out sexy noises!!!

What horsepower is she??

Mine 140-145!! Nice!!

Can I have it now? ;) ;)

Put up pics of the interior!!