What will your New Years Resolution be regarding farming models?

For me in 2012 I want to reduce my collection by about 500 models and only buy the models I want rather than every model that the manufacturers bring out.

carry on with Sparrow court layout.

Start some scratch builds I have several ideas that no one here makes This will be something completely new for me.

Get back into wrighting some more reviews for Andy now my Health is better.

Happy new year everyone.

Mike R

Here's my potential plans for 2012.

1. Sell off the majority of really modern model tractors residing in my collection and reinvest in the themes i've now decided to pursue.

2. Focus less of my attention on buying general releases and concentrate on purchasing custom and scratchbuilt models.

3. Search for at least one more second hand cabinet.

4. Attend more shows supporting the hobby.

5. Hopefully complete some more writing on my favourite hobby.

Happy collecting in 2012 everyone. :)

1 . Im going to keep collecting the Classics from the 70's ,80's & 90's more so than the modern gear.

2.  I also want to get the remaining 80's era BRITAINS tractors im missing from the collection & maybe a few emplements.

3. Im also planning to display some of my collection for the first time at model shows this year MAYBE!

I have a few resolutions myself... ;)

continue to collect anything Beet related,Fendt and Krone, the best of Claas and more good implements. But most importantly start a new classics collection of Fords and a select few of the others. I also would like to attend Zwolle one time!

In real life I would like to get myself a County and restore it. Not sure that this will happen although I have found two for sale not too far from here....its just a question of Price.

Straying off topic slightly Simon ...but what "models" of real tractors ???

Bill,

1962 Fordson Dexta (full restoration needed), 1941 John Deere BW (could do with a respray and mag reconditioning),1950 Ransomes MG5 (all resprayed but carb needs looking at),1956 International B250 (charging system needs a look at),

Two Ransomes ploughs needed restoring a TS 81 and early Elite 3 furrow

I suspect you will need more than one year to finish all those Simon but I wish you luck. The last tractor I restored ( 1951 Farmall Cub) was done over a 4 year period but hey ho if you get there in the end with the desired result I think that is what counts. You should put some photos up in members machinery since I'm sure it would be of interest to me and other FTF members.