Whats your latest general buy 2012?

I think with only a day and a few hours left of 2012 the last bit of buying in 2012 for me was today when I was in town I got myself a new pair of base London shoes for work there were £85 down to £35 so that wasn't a bad old deal and lastly a Lievis shirt that I had my eye on before Christmas but it was £70 seen it today £35.50 and all got in the one shop good old Debenhams :D

My last buy for 2012 is a little gift to myself, a 4th generation iPad (the one with the retina display). Great piece of kit, loading web pages so much quicker than my computer. Spent most of the morning downloading apps.

Edited by markduck

Well this is my last buy for 2012 yes I did say the shoes and shirt was going to be my last but popped into Sainsburys after work and picked up 4 bottle of Red wine (Gallo Summer red) and 8 bottles of Thatchers gold :D

• Like 1

I have quite a substantial steam train collection Paul that I am considering disposing of, was going to build a replica of our local branch line that closed in 1967 and is now a haulage company depot. Trains are all steam and mostly engines that ran on the GWR lines, Hornby, Hornby Triang, Triang, Lima and some Bachmann are the makes of engines, some of them are quite rare so I've been told. Alas, no room to continue with the project.

Forgot to say, bought the Hornby 'rolling road' test bed for the engines, brilliant bit of kit, the latest one that will run both the older 2 rail and the modern digital ones.

Edited by powerrabbit

very last ditch from me, antiques fair this morning, bought The Shire Library book of car mascots and badges, and a 1909 police whistle..
Then having watched the recent Stirling Moss (who I was fortunate enough to meet when I was only 12) documentary (which I Sky+'d while at the pub) and bought his books, "Great Drives of the Lakes and Dales" and "My Cars, My Career", then "British Cars of the sixties" by Doug Nye, and "Ferrari 250 GTO" by David Clarke, (a man who I was very fortunate to know, and possibly the most inspiring I have known). They should last me a while as I still have a few titles to work through from my birthday and Christmas.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2013, 

Best 
Alex. 

Shouldn't the title date of this topic be changed to 2013 now? :)

A Nintendo Wii system. I was so impressed with the setup that my 10 year old Neice had for Christmas that I bought a secondhand kit for myself. It arrived today and after half an hour setting it up is all up and running. If you like sports games and shooting games or whatever you like games then I would recommend it. I've been ten-pin bowling, playing tennis, shooting ducks, clay pigeons, tin cans and targets most of the afternoon. ::)  ;)  

• Like 1

Shouldn't the title date of this topic be changed to 2013 now? :)

A Nintendo Wii system. I was so impressed with the setup that my 10 year old Neice had for Christmas that I bought a secondhand kit for myself. It arrived today and after half an hour setting it up is all up and running. If you like sports games and shooting games or whatever you like games then I would recommend it. I've been ten-pin bowling, playing tennis, shooting ducks, clay pigeons, tin cans and targets most of the afternoon. ::)  ;)  

There is a 2013 topic already running.............

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/20399-whats-your-latest-general-buy-2013/

Stick to the PC Sue, it's better at spelling and English! ;)

Has it got the Pullen Spell Checker, Sue?! :lol:

typing is fine but editing is a nightmare.  I have no idea where the HTML markup is coming from!  However I bought it mainly as an e-reader as most of my favourite books are at least 2 inches thick even as paperbacks and the hardbacks are even bigger.  I hate taking books away with me as they can get damaged or lost (i had a bag stolen on a train once).  Hi-res, good brightness/contrast adjustment and I can even watch films although I do prefer a large screen!

Oh I have realised that "!" is being substituted with HTML