Whats your latest general buy 2012?

• 3 weeks later...

Good trucks Chris, just a shame the ground clearance isn't better on them.......and the wheelbase isn't a bit longer than the exact distance tramline tracks are apart when crossing them.......not recommended, had to be extracted by the farmer :-[;D ;D

2 new tyres for the car, first money we have spent on it bar fuel tax and insurance since we got it, 2 and a half years ago ,down side 2 cost me £350 quid, inc vat , good job i know the tyre guys well, most other quotes were arround the 450 quid mark, for similar tyres

2 new tyres for the car, first money we have spent on it bar fuel tax and insurance since we got it, 2 and a half years ago ,down side 2 cost me £350 quid, inc vat , good job i know the tyre guys well, most other quotes were arround the 450 quid mark, for similar tyres

They don't come cheap these days Sean. I got a quote for Michelin 235/40 YR 18 Pilot 3's the other day and they were £ 189.58 each. Will need to get a couple of new ones this month.

went to see my mate at his work on wednesday lunch, because that is when the snap-on van visits! 200 piece socket set, ratchet spanners, normal spanners, screw drivers, mole grips and striking pry bars... let the bank account recover a bit then back for impact gun and trolley jack... oh and a new tool box after the pikeys walked off with the last one!

They don't come cheap these days Sean. I got a quote for Michelin 235/40 YR 18 Pilot 3's the other day and they were £ 189.58 each. Will need to get a couple of new ones this month.

only 17" ones here bill, run falts see ,like i said lot cheaper price than most sellers, good 50 quid each cheaper than anyone else, thats what pay from using the same people for year, and the fact that a good work mate went to school with the lad there, and the two sisters thatwork with him were a year above that,

not to often you see a very fit blond bird and a pretty dam fit brunett throwing tyres round, fitting them ect is it, so worth the savings and trip over

only 17" ones here bill, run falts see ,like i said lot cheaper price than most sellers, good 50 quid each cheaper than anyone else, thats what pay from using the same people for year, and the fact that a good work mate went to school with the lad there, and the two sisters thatwork with him were a year above that,

not to often you see a very fit blond bird and a pretty dam fit brunett throwing tyres round, fitting them ect is it, so worth the savings and trip over

Maybe this is why they're so expensive ;D

Seriously though,I thought tyres were dear over here but that's mad,I paid 175 Euro a tyre 3 years ago for low profiles and I thought that was outrageous.

What car are they for Sean?

Two new tyres for my car at the cost of £ 379.17 fitted from Costco. They have a policy if you buy only two new tyres they will only fit to the rear which is fine by me since I have the day off tomorrow and I will be taking them off giving them a good clean and switching the new rear ones to the front and the current fronts to the rear.After I had bought and paid I said what would I have been for a pair of winter tyres :huh:

Costco only deal in Michelin's and the "Alpine" ones were £ 269.98 each ::) Anyway we have been lucky snow wise this year and I'm in "time to change car" mode again since well the old gal will be five years old come the end of July.I considered changing last year and then thought sod it I like her too much ;D ;D

Not sure if its really classed as a purchase but spent a fair bit of money recently. £151 for my PA1 and PA2 tests and £120 for my telehandler test.

good investment tommy. i have had those tickets for years, but this week me and the gaffer did our pa4 test. all to sling a few slug-pellets about with the quad bike. £160 each. daylight robbery- i asked the trainer/examiner if his name was **** turpin!!

Not exactly a buy but £50 insurance excess.........had a stone hit my Discovery's windscreen and put a bullseye in it, wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't damaged the heated windscreen elements in the process so new windscreen needed ::)