International 956XL

I bought the britains 956 xl back in october and knew the model had potential right away for a good conversion..I experimented with many wheel and axles to get it right and finally settled upon a front axle and complete tombstone cut out of a uh mc cormick mc115,the wheels are from a class 836 and the tyres and front hubs are from a uh mf 5480,needless to say a lot of cutting and modifying was needed along the way..here it is

post-1779-132640044595_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132640044681_thumb.jpg

thank you.....im sure i remember some turbo 956s fitted with opico turbos....if this is the case i may get the decal made up reading OPICO TURBO...i have however discovered that other turbo 956s have indeed a different decal fitted like you see in my 2 pics......i certainly remember opico turbo 1056xl,s  and wondered if anyone could shed light on this,im thinking maybe its the case that the opico turbo versions were supplied through ih dealers and the other turboed versions were after market kits....its also my guess that the exhaust fitted to this example is definately a later add on

post-1779-132640046657_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132640046862_thumb.jpg

door handles now coloured black and rear lights finished so thats about it....as you can see the back end is still standard,i mentioned before that this could have been taken a lot further but quite simply i wanted a basic simple conversion to get myself a nice 956xl but once again of course it turned into a bigger job than originally anticipated....

post-1779-13264004705_thumb.jpg

post-1779-13264004711_thumb.jpg