is any one else experiencing problems with eBay recently, mainly with pictures, i either get a "unavailable" logo where the item is, or it never opens, just shows the thumbnails (if theres any more than 1 picture) and nothing else?? . seems to have been doing it for me for the last week or so on and off??

is any one else experiencing problems with eBay recently, mainly with pictures, i either get a "unavailable" logo where the item is, or it never opens, just shows the thumbnails (if theres any more than 1 picture) and nothing else?? . seems to have been doing it for me for the last week or so on and off??

I've been getting the same thing Sean, sometimes going away from that page and coming back to it occaisionaly works.

I tried to sell stuff yesturday,

clicked sell,

redirected to sign in, signed in, click sell,

etc

etc

I also had trouble with pictures from listings not loading, the circle of  'petals' kept 'revolving' but picture failed to load. seems to be ok now, may be a problem with the site. Also a few weeks ago found that when I submitted a bid the same thing was happening, would not advance to the next stage and lost a few items through that. Has anyone noticed that you can no longer 'enlarge' the picture/s when you view a listing?

I haven't had problems with pictures on ebay but I have had the site telling me to sign in even when I signed in a couple of hours earlier and I always sign in for the day. 

For example; I signed in, found an item I wanted to watch but when I clicked Add to Watch List I had to sign in again!

I tried to sell stuff yesturday,

clicked sell,

etc

etc

Are you using a Mac computer by any chance?

It simply means that the underbidder has submitted a bid which, although more than the minimum bid increment, is nonetheless below your bid - in your example they probably sniped a bid of £30.50 in the last few seconds of the listing, which would still leave you as the high bidder even thouigh there is less than a full bid increment between their bid and yours.

This business with the non-appearance of pictures and sellers having to continually sign in again (often being unable to submit their listings at all) has been going on sporadically for several weeks, but does not seem to affect everybody, and those affected don't seem to be affected all of the time.  I've had the picture problem on two or three occassions. 

There have been a number of threads on the eBay discussion boards on the issue - it seems most likely that eBay are fiddling about with changes to the software again (whenever they are trying out some new function, it nearly always results in some problem of this nature surfacing).  Some things take longer to put right again than others.

Like others I have had the problem where it keeps signing you out while to try list items. Eventually I figured out that it's because I use an Apple Mac and there is a glitch with Ebay, I used a Firefox browser instead and it has never done it since. This may help any other Mac users.

Lee, when you are on the 'view item' page, click on 'bids' number and on the page that comes up click on 'show automatic bids'. Take notice of the date and times that one or another individual has submitted a bid, this will explain things a bit better and will also give you a good guide on how much more you are prepared to go. If you see that one person has seemingly bid the same amount twice, this means that they have in fact put in a higher bid than that shown, you won't know what that bid was untill someones bids above.