Britains Red Marston Trailer

Paul Palmer

Marston Agricultural Services will paint a trailer in any colour according to customer wishes (as most trailer manufacturers will), and red is most probably a special order colour to match someones tractor fleet (probably for a farm running MF or Case-IH tractors) - MAS have certainly painted some trailers in John Deere green with yellow wheels by special request of customers with JD tractors.

Of course, back in the 1980's, Massey Ferguson sourced most of their 200 series trailers from AS Trailers as they were then known, and of course these left the factory in red with silver wheels.

Most of the main colours they use nowadays relate to the trailer brands that MAS own and market trailers under:-

AS Trailers/Marston, Collins and Salop - Blue

Gull Trailers - Yellow

Griffiths - Orange

Wootton - Blue and Orange

ECE - Green

However, it is not unusual to see a brand decal on the 'wrong' colour ;)

Marston Agricultural Services will paint a trailer in any colour according to customer wishes (as most trailer manufacturers will), and red is most probably a special order colour to match someones tractor fleet (probably for a farm running MF or Case-IH tractors) - MAS have certainly painted some trailers in John Deere green with yellow wheels by special request of customers with JD tractors.

Of course, back in the 1980's, Massey Ferguson sourced most of their 200 series trailers from AS Trailers as they were then known, and of course these left the factory in red with silver wheels.

Most of the main colours they use nowadays relate to the trailer brands that MAS own and market trailers under:-

AS Trailers/Marston, Collins and Salop - Blue

Gull Trailers - Yellow

Griffiths - Orange

Wootton - Blue and Orange

ECE - Green

However, it is not unusual to see a brand decal on the 'wrong' colour ;)

thankyou clive for the info

paul i aint to sure if its still there, but the bb contractors yard out the back of gunnislake, just past the quarry, had a red marston in there last year ,bit battered but there, thats the only one i have seen

as for a kane half pipe, theres one behind the old butchers shop in st annes chapple, can see it through the field just past the school to the right ,theres usally a mb trac 1800 i think parked up on the road you turn down to get closer to

paul i aint to sure if its still there, but the bb contractors yard out the back of gunnislake, just past the quarry, had a red marston in there last year ,bit battered but there, thats the only one i have seen

as for a kane half pipe, theres one behind the old butchers shop in st annes chapple, can see it through the field just past the school to the right ,theres usally a mb trac 1800 i think parked up on the road you turn down to get closer to

i will check those out sean ,cheers

The Kane trailers aren't so popular down here. Mostly see

Broughan, Smyth, Dooley and Thorpe trailers. Will Britains sell many as it is a targeted market

very surprised to hear that mb,i thought from other members on here that every farmer in ireland had one,i must admit,never seen one over here

I have never seen one down here at all. There are so many trailer manufacturers here, Thorpe, Smyth, Deery, Broughan, Dooley. Also see the odd Larrington but I must admit I have not seen a Kane. There are a few Redrocks knocking about. This is mainly a tillage, silage area.

Redrocks Kanes and Herrons most popular here in the west,I never seen a Dooley until I was in the Meath Kildare area.

You`d see absolutely everthing down here,Herrons,Kanes,Redrocks,Thorpes,Dooleys,Smyths ,Broughans I even seen a couple of english trailers like a few Baileys and Marston Grain Trailers.I`d say the Kanes will sell well as they are probably the most popular contractors trailer Edited by Blue man

I have never seen one down here at all. There are so many trailer manufacturers here, Thorpe, Smyth, Deery, Broughan, Dooley. Also see the odd Larrington but I must admit I have not seen a Kane. There are a few Redrocks knocking about. This is mainly a tillage, silage area.

Roger Perry in Athy runs Kane trailers.

If it's realism you want Paul, I wouldn't go for the Britains Marston trailers, they're a let down. I'd recommend Dan (three oaks) for Richard Western and Marston or Andy (Big A) for his Stewarts. Either are worth the money. On a separate note, saw a Kane in Bucks last week being pulled by a Fendt 718.

If it's realism you want Paul, I wouldn't go for the Britains Marston trailers, they're a let down. I'd recommend Dan (three oaks) for Richard Western and Marston or Andy (Big A) for his Stewarts. Either are worth the money. On a separate note, saw a Kane in Bucks last week being pulled by a Fendt 718.

thanks tris,will look into it