Lower Odd Farm

WillTEF20

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the comments chaps ;D

Tris, yes we've had the k-two from new

Pat, the trio is marvelous, it has enabled us to do one pass rather than three!!

I have found some pictures from Harvest 2011

CX8060

DSC00704.jpg

Dad on the 69

DSC00669.jpg

My uncle mowing

P1020206.jpg

64 and warwick trailer

DSC00752.jpg

The Yank on our contractors 14 ton bailey

DSC00753.jpg

My absolute favourite picture ever! 770 and our old simba 2b discs and press

7700000000000.jpg

Is the header on combine newer than the combine or are bothe brand spankers? Love the last pic too, very very nice, Pat.

I think you mean Will, that reminds me, I need to update my topic as well.

Do you drill straight into the disced stubbles?

Is the header on combine newer than the combine or are bothe brand spankers? Love the last pic too, very very nice, Pat.

The combine was brand new that season and we were the first customers to have it, it has been replaced for this season with an 8070 with 25 foot cut and 4wd oh and auto pilot! Cheers Tris, I only found that picture a few days ago! ;D

I think you mean Will, that reminds me, I need to update my topic as well.

Do you drill straight into the disced stubbles?

We used to disc and press, then subsoil, then disc again and go straight in with our combination. But know we have only drilled where we have ploughed up grass and reseaded, but when we drill the passes will be: trio, then triple k (as it has got packed down with all the rain etc) then either simba double press or power harrow the in with the ts-evo

What do you think of the Hydro 84 Will? Is it really as awful as they say?

It spent most of it's life with us on the hedgetrimmer but has know been put into semi-retirement and only pulls the odd trailer and around the yard. It's not that bad to be honest, it is a bit gut less due to the hydrosatic box and the cabs a bit awkward to get into (if your a big chap like me!) I enjoy driving, and used it on straw cart this year and did a bit of ploughing which it failed at! and struggled to pull 2 furrows!

• 1 month later...

Great pictures will , all your machines look very well looked after

what do you think of the 6r then ?

It's very different to any of the others! I don't like how you have to adust/set everything on the computer and it sounds horrible! Other than that it is very nice :)

Looovely line up of Deeres there Will. Guess the new tractor would have to have front links as well.

Was down at the RAC at the end of January, the dairy unit is very impressive

Cheers Pat :) If we were to have one then yes!

Kemble farms unit?

What would be getting sold if you bought a new R series?

Aye thats the one, their 750 cow unit.

Nothing, it would 'replace' the 64's duties as the 64 would go on the hedge trimmer semi-permanantly. We only really had it on demo to keep the salesman happy!

It is quite impressive! They have nearly finished an extension taking them up to 950 cows and when they have finished the expansion they will have 1200 cows in total!!

Those smaller new Deeres look pants!! Even the cab, if it wasn't for the screen inside the cab it would still look very dated. I don't know anything about them and it is only a superficial opinion of course. Going back page, I do like the baling photo, lovely stuff. Lovely.

Archived