Oakley Estate Farms

Hopefully sorted it now Joe, let me know!

works for me Alex.

On another note, I can't believe that I haven't commented in this thread yet. Your attention to detail in the storyline is second to none and the models work together so well. I have also learnt a great deal about CTF and tried to take inspiration for my own layout. Long may Oakley Farms continue. 

Also hope you are well on the road to recovery after being ill. It's never nice to be ill but it must have felt even worse having it happen in the middle of harvest.

Thank you Smithy, im glad its all done now. Can't wait to get back to work and get back on with the models, hope to catch up with you at Toytrac if you are going, and that goes to anyone else going too :)

Yes Alex I hope to get to Toytrac i will be helping Martyns Farm Models if i can get my work up to date right ready to start drilling but rain keeps on coming  

• Like 1

How does CTF work on the headlands Alex, surely the combines and cultivations equipment run on different lines when turning, or is it just a case of making the best of it and the savings in the middle of the field balance it out

Yes thats true Pat, headlands are the weak link in this system, all i know is its a definate improvement with the wider kit its less turning and a lot tidier as you can sweep round in a horseshoe shape and return to line up, compared to say a mounted 3m sumo without gps working up and back accross the field you would pull out of work, turn, back back on the other lock, forward and line up to go again, the next headland turn you would inevitably end up driving on some of the ground you turned on last time, when i used a 3m sumo in my previous job without gps i used the 24m tramlines to work out even bouts but its still a lot of traffic on headlands. I know James Peck is working to improve his headlands as it can equate to 25% of a field, i think a system like JD's Starfire i-tec pro would help, it can be done im sure.

works for me Alex.

On another note, I can't believe that I haven't commented in this thread yet. Your attention to detail in the storyline is second to none and the models work together so well. I have also learnt a great deal about CTF and tried to take inspiration for my own layout. Long may Oakley Farms continue. 

Also hope you are well on the road to recovery after being ill. It's never nice to be ill but it must have felt even worse having it happen in the middle of harvest.

Thanks Tommy, i try my best as we all do and the fact it has inspired your own layout has made my day, thats what its all about at the end of the day, i enjoy posting and if people enjoy reading its a happy circle :)

• Like 1

Perfect Alex,just love these Drone shot movies,really must get my Parrot drone out  and mastered,:of

Regards

Joe.

Me too Joe, it really adds another level to the videos, different angles along with music, they seem to be getting better and better. Look forward to your videos in the future Joe ;)

• Like 1

Yes Alex I hope to get to Toytrac i will be helping Martyns Farm Models if i can get my work up to date right ready to start drilling but rain keeps on coming  

Oh thats great news. Tell me about it, its the same here, got several blocks of land ready to drill but its pretty sticky out, at the other end of the scale we have got a lot of ground that   needs pulling down after beans ready for wheat, and spud ground thats got water lying on the surface now! 

• Like 1

Have you grown Leeds before Smithy? Nothing cut round here yet but its not far away, people gearing up with putting silage sides on etc, i used to hate hauling maize, i used to hate being on a silage trailer full stop!

No this is first time for LEEDS but it looked good on all the trial sites I went to this year I then found out 2 of my neighbours was growing it so went and looked at there's just before harvest and decided to have some on the silage side a dairy farm not far from me cut his last week but needs better drivers as more come over the hedge and landed on the road/and one of my fields than went in the trailer    

• Like 2

Managed to get back out to the models over the weekend and i had quite a bit of moving around to do as i was in the middle of wheat harvest when i left 5 weeks ago! Still i managed to get some pictures around the yard although not a lot going on. In the last week potato harvest is progressing well, probably about half way through now, wheat is going in the ground at a rate of knots in great conditions, cultivators are stuggling to keep ahead so the drill was pulled away to drill 88 acres of hybrid rye in The Park and 37 acres of grass at Clarkes Downhead. Im taking it easy on the 724 and rollers :) 

image.thumb.jpg.6076e2cdb86df20152d1ab45image.thumb.jpg.2219cf047fef337505488f74image.thumb.jpg.b778bbc746e8cf4bf83da2a3

• Like 6

I passed one of the largest local farmer contractors yesterday ,driving one of their three brand new Challenger 875Es  and couldn't help wondering why AGCO hadn't dressed it in the far more appealing livery of the smart MT775E..............................and now in your picture they obviously are about to.....................which begs the question, Why is the current 800E not an 800D?   That would have made far more sense, then they could release the E  with the same styling as the 700E.......................instead some buyers will have bought the initial 800E series and now see a new version claiming to still be an E  presumably!!   I bet the contractor I mentioned above will be very pleased to see Agco roll out a restyled E at Agritechnica.........NOT;D

• Like 1

What a glorious September we have had, now we seem to be paying for it slightly with heavy rain. Still we have made huge progress across the farm and its very pleasing, we only have 80 acres of potatoes left in the ground, 200 acres of maize is off at Camelot allowing a good window to get some wheat in behind, and talking of wheat we have drilled a staggering 1700 acres in 9 days with 900 left, a rosey position to be in so far, the 12 meter drill has made a massive difference to daily output but she is a hungry beast for seed! (Hint for future). Everything is rolled in up to date so we can try and get some pre ems on now and then the first fungicide on rape is due, if the weather improves that is!