Oakley Estate Farms

We had a rearrange around in our workshop this week to make room for twin oil tanks a local fabrications company made for us, this is ahead of our maintenance plan kicking off on the kit, first up for attention was the Vaderstad with some welding to strengthen hinge points when folding, we also have a rear bag auger to fit this coming week. Both handlers and lorries have been busy out loading wheat as well as Dan hauling wheat down to Llyods in Langport as we have sold Orchard's share to them.image.thumb.jpeg.6d182ef3e908d0d1a2a0f01image.thumb.jpeg.1f4ae84a284dcac2845b761image.thumb.jpeg.8c3984446ad2186f3de807bimage.thumb.jpeg.8d3866c580461126f078c47

• Like 1

On 08/11/2015, 18:34:03, Oakley Farms said:

Not a great deal happening on farm at the moment, lots of wheat and rape outgoing on Nov movement contracts which keeps the handlers busy, managed to send Mark up to Drews to collect our row crops and some weights that we have been waiting for, still waiting for 2 more to arrive. Philip brought back the pisten bully from Orchard to be put away in the shed for winter. Workshop jobs are now starting and we have changed wheels on our Larrington trailer to bigger wider ones to help footprints, and the 2 black Fendts have had bigger boots fitted.

image.thumb.jpg.8398648a94a9ecf6fe1a8ae5image.thumb.jpg.9a04b76cac8a093a280c7e3cimage.thumb.jpg.42da3fe11c61ff3f34c48659image.thumb.jpg.63a6eeb4b64b067cba27a4ae

Can l ask what wheels & tyres you have used for the black fendts, thanks in advance...

On 11/8/2015, 6:34:03, Oakley Farms said:

Not a great deal happening on farm at the moment, lots of wheat and rape outgoing on Nov movement contracts which keeps the handlers busy, managed to send Mark up to Drews to collect our row crops and some weights that we have been waiting for, still waiting for 2 more to arrive. Philip brought back the pisten bully from Orchard to be put away in the shed for winter. Workshop jobs are now starting and we have changed wheels on our Larrington trailer to bigger wider ones to help footprints, and the 2 black Fendts have had bigger boots fitted.

image.thumb.jpg.8398648a94a9ecf6fe1a8ae5image.thumb.jpg.9a04b76cac8a093a280c7e3cimage.thumb.jpg.42da3fe11c61ff3f34c48659image.thumb.jpg.63a6eeb4b64b067cba27a4ae

Can l ask what wheels & tyres you have used for the black fendts, thanks in advance...

Edited by RED7726

1 hour ago, RED7726 said:

Thanks, is he on here? Can you tell me how to contact him cheers

Henry Selten is Dutch,he own's farmmodels nl, http://www.farmmodels.nl/ he sells almost everything you could possibly want in 1/32nd scale,Alex got his Fendt wheels here, http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Category-607272/Trekker-Zelfrijder.html but I don't know exactly which ones he used,

Regards

Joe.

Maintenance is playing a key feature in staff roles at the moment with the rear bag auger fitted to the Vaderstad now and currently overhauling the gearboxes on the bedtiller as well as up grading the mocap applicators. In other farm news Wakleys have brought in sheep to graze cover crops helping us further our commitment to improving soils with their dung and ahead of them Webby has started his winter hedgecutting campaign, firstly a sharpen up of flails and fitting of clear tractor guards to Dan's 724image.thumb.jpeg.d5ebda092c58a6066ee387eimage.thumb.jpeg.120321aee560ec195e79640

image.jpeg

On 27 November 2015 at 15:02:09, Oakley Farms said:

I have approx 400 Britains potato boxes for sale due to change in model farming policy! Message me for details image.thumb.jpeg.4899b9ed318634ff1336a44

So is it bulk transportation or pulling out of potatoes 

Thanks Smithy, blackgrass is not much of a problem down here on our siltly soils however we have one 300 acre block which is troublesome, we found stale seedbeds worked well in a good year, spring cropping not an option but i believe there is great potential in direct/zero till for large arable farms, blowed if id want to plough 5000 acres! We bought the plough for the maize work before/after ad and as back up in a wet year, bit more flexible

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎23‎:‎20‎:‎19, Oakley Farms said:

Thanks Smithy, blackgrass is not much of a problem down here on our siltly soils however we have one 300 acre block which is troublesome, we found stale seedbeds worked well in a good year, spring cropping not an option but i believe there is great potential in direct/zero till for large arable farms, blowed if id want to plough 5000 acres! We bought the plough for the maize work before/after ad and as back up in a wet year, bit more flexible

Yes ploughing that amount and the secondly cultivations would take a lot of time and fuel  so yes if done right on clean stubbles direct/zero till has a place if dry but on wet ground with a lot of chopped straw only cause problems later on as in slugs straw hiding the small weeds from chemicals and straw soaking up the pre emergent chemicals I now you are bailing some but you cant clear it all I now you now what you are doing and keep up the good work but I am clad to see you have a plough    

• Like 1

On 1 December 2015 at 16:57:44, Barry said:

Alex, When you say Wiking 724, do you mean the Schuco 724!!! 

I did hear a rumour from a good source Wiking are going to do a 724, from the castings on the siku 724 you can see where parts for the wiking version are already in place. Im sure someone will say they are not going to make one, i simply don't know, we will wait and see :)

This week saw the first loads of potatoes out the farm gate to up Branstonon contract, i see this continuing right through Dec and Jan, same story with loads of wheat to Llyods and Riverside as well as our own lorries out-loading for Frontier destined for ABN and Way's in for BOCM Radstock. Some unfortunate frustrating news also that one of our trailers was tipped over on Cartgate roundabout by a nieghbour hauling fodderbeet, running gear completly twisted so its sat in the yard waiting to be sent back to Westerns, the only bright side is free delivery for the silage sides we ordered when they bring it back.image.jpeg.26a16798447c6d2ad3096bd7a384aimage.thumb.jpeg.f9469737777904f36f7e749

• Like 1