Some classic Red's David Brown's & Internationals

BC

P1000062.jpg

This wing was substantially rebult.

P1000063.jpg

A front wing

P1000064.jpg

Vic was saying this is the origina; winch rope which has cleaned up well after being put into a container of caustic soda 8)

P1000065.jpg

• 10 months later...

Yes James and I think Vic has made a tidy profit there. I really struggle to see why people pay that much when in my opinion Vic's restorations are over done. I personally prefer originality versus added on and shinny polished bits but hey ho they were his to restore the way he wanted to.

He has spent a bit of money over the years Robert buying and restoring and showing for a year or so and then transporting down and selling at Cheffins and no doubt a tidy profit as well not counting his own time spent on the restorations.

Yes James and I think Vic has made a tidy profit there. I really struggle to see why people pay that much when in my opinion Vic's restorations are over done. I personally prefer originality versus added on and shinny polished bits but hey ho they were his to restore the way he wanted to.

I know what you mean, there's as out of the factory condition and then there's better than out of the factory condition. Many of these tractors never started or ran as well as they do now. Is the 50D and thresherman particularly rare as there phenomenally high prices and any others I've found on the internet have reached almost the same.

Yes James I think that is probably the 3rd David Brown 50D Vic has restored and sold at Cheffins and I think earlier ones made even more. Personally when I have restored tractors ( 6 to date) I go for originality and I have been told by one highly respected judge on the tractor rally scene he liked my attention to detail and originality. Anyway my youngest restoration was done 13 odd years ago and I still managed to get a second place at two show's this year.For me now its not about getting prizes but taking part and meeting and speaking to folk with similar interests.

My oldest restoration was done by myself and my late dad on my grandfarther's  (mother's side) 1957 Nuffield Universal DM4 which he bought from new...that was completed in 1982 so has been restored for over 30 years now and I am only the second owner if you don't count my uncles who took over the farm and sold out in 1978. Following my redundancy planned for end of March 2014 I should have more me time on my hands and have the rest of the year out ( at least) and get my old Nuffy back on the road and rally scene again for the local shows during 2014 me thinks 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived