Tullyhogue Farm

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely work as always, Phil. Do you have an artistic background? Particularly like the tractor driver - you can make it to fit properly with a scratch-build. I've found it really frustrating trying to make a model that will fit more than one make (well, we've given up to be honest. There's so much different in steering and seat position - infact for some of the models it would actually be impossible to sit in them in real-life unless your legs were stick thin!).

I couldn't draw or paint a picture to save my self, but put a scalpel in my hand and enough materials and I'll build you anything, I've been a figure painter for about twenty years and its taken that long to get to the standard I'm at now. It's not great but there are others that beat me hands down, hats off to them.

I work for miniature wargamers, so I build terrain around the figure what ever scale they are. So the same applies for 1/32 but when it comes to vehicles, build the figure around the vehicle. As for a 4x4's and cars, adjust the steering wheel and cut the legs off you might have to shorten the bum you can't see those bits. Always do a dry fit and then make the adjustments.

Those Verlinden sets are the bomb, I must have built up and painted a dozen of them over the years and still got three sets in the attic. The gate, Phil is superb as well as the way you have photographed it over a real back drop. I'd love a chat with you over a display table at a show, mate. I bet you have some cracking (secret?!) ideas.

• 9 months later...

Here is a little project I'm doing converting a 1:32 scale garden shed into a chicken shed. The front facade is done just working on the working hinges, I've spent two hours just making one after the third attempt, just have to drill holes, pin it to the door, make the other two in half the time it took to make the first, then I can hang the door on the shed - any one got any 1:32scale screws please!!!!

Still uploading the photo

Archived