What did you see today that made you laugh?

just been on the phone to a mate hes had a vist from the local derv lifters he let them fill a nice 1400 litre tank with his cherryaid then he took aim and as the started to drive off put a little lump of lead in the engine (hes good with the rifle)they didnt get very far and then they ran off he now has a nice new tank and free cherryaid (insurance payout) and a transit in the field until police pick it up or he scraps it :D :D :D :D

just been on the phone to a mate hes had a vist from the local derv lifters he let them fill a nice 1400 litre tank with his cherryaid then he took aim and as the started to drive off put a little lump of lead in the engine (hes good with the rifle)they didnt get very far and then they ran off he now has a nice new tank and free cherryaid (insurance payout) and a transit in the field until police pick it up or he scraps it :D :D :D :D

good on him :D :D :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

the jacket thats part of uniform, they only sent one thats about two sizes to small for me  :D :D

You should worry - everything Asda have given me is in 'gents' sizes - my flourescent jacket would fit me and half ftf in (no funnies you lot >:()

I'm not even gonna ask for steel toe-capped boots - they'll look like I'm wearing flippers ::)

Plastic collection was on near us and my friend went with his trailer load of plastic and some muck he thought he would be paying €35 ended up at €127 :D :D - he was livid

His cousin went in with worse stuff and after disturbing a swarm of bees in it they then told him to reload it and bring it home :D :D :D

Today a text, sms arrived from someone telling me that this is his temporary number while they changed networks...........

No name, no idea..........

So who was it?  :D :D :D :D

snap trissy mate, anyone out there wish to enlighten us then :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Today a text, sms arrived from someone telling me that this is his temporary number while they changed networks...........

No name, no idea..........

So who was it?  :D :D :D :D

funny that, i got the same.....but gathered it was Smallfry ;) ;) :D

my uncle is thinking about buying a trator and when we worked it out it takes 2hrs 5 mins in a car and its a 81mile  ::) in a tractor doing 30k  :-[ and then at the end of the conversation he said "that will keep you ocupied for the day"  :-[ so in other words ill be bringin it back  :-[

its not that far really you could do that in a day carting silage or grain  :)

My father and this new Valtra my friend has bought - he is already threatening to put the 3600 on the header trailer for the harvest but I'll need her so looks like he'll have to get used to powershifts - should be fun :D :D

I have heard the usual thing at this time of the year was underway last Sunday :D :D

2 neighbours try to preempt their cutting always with the same result :D

One fella gets a bit panicy a few days before and is in the fields twice a day checking is it fit, can I go..

Then his neighbour fires up the combine in the morning and leaves it out in the yard, puts the tractors on the trailers and leaves them at the side of the road - goes back for the dinner and by the time he comes back the other fella has started - always works :D :D

Thing is the second fella usually wouldn't cut for another 3-4 days later :D :D

Listening to Jeremy Vine about a fortnight+ ago,lunchtime Radio 2,there was a farmer phoned in to comment on the topic being discussed and the first thing he said when Jeremy asked him what he thought about the subject said " I phoned in mainly to let our neighbours know we've started combining!!"  ;D ....classic !

Fortunately where I farmed there was no immediate neighbours to bother me about such trivialities and I only started when it was absolutely fit as I never had a dryer, only low volume airation, and anyway as the old saying goes "If you think your barley's ready go on holiday for a week"  although it always took me that much longer to get ready anyway as better crops take longer to ripen.... ::);):D