Fergie Restoration Update.

NewHolland2

Well after my wee Gear-Box fright last weekend this weekend has been much smoother. She now has her first coat of Grey Fergie paint on the rear part of the main body too. This makes her look much better than the original Red Oxide/Grey front/back split I had before. The only parts remaining to have their first coat of Grey paint now are the rear wheel centres, front axle beam (which is the job for the Summer) and the mud-guards. I'll take some pics tomorrow...... :) :)

Some parts like the engine block have had their two coats of Grey Fergie paint and come the Summer will only require touching up......It's getting there folks, this will be the year I think...... ;)

keep us posted :) :)

Will do Ben...... :);) ;)

Great news SuperMart - like Ben says, please keep us posted... I'll give the signwriter one last kick tomorrow... or find another one  ;)

Cheers Marky. I've got a couple of pics of the back-end now it's painted which I'll post later...... :);) ;)

sounding better every post mart,

Aye it's getting there now Sean...... :) :) ;)

She's looking mighty fine Mart.... mighty fine  ;) - Nice to see it being done properly with undercost on first  ;)

I'll go all shy now...... :-[;) ;)

I've been very pleased with the way the paint turns out when dry......It looks great and is so shiny when the sun is reflecting off it...... :);) ;)

Looks really good with the new pins too.

Cheers jdc...... :) :) :)

Looking good Martin, with the nice shiny grey :o :o :o

New pins aswell, no exspence spared eh :D :D ;) ;)

Thanks Nath, I think the new pins finish off the back nicely, and weren't too expensive either...... :) :) ;)

looking good mart. can't wait for the 2nd mud guard to be done and both be painted. :P :P :P coming along nicely. :) :) :) :)

Cheers Old Ford. That'll be the expensive part this year, mud-guards ain't cheap but will be nice to have it finished properly...... :) :) :)

And fix that seat too Mart - I know it's good to turn the other cheek sometimes but .....  ::) - or should I say butt  :D

Aye, don't worry Marky, that'll be done...... :D;) ;)

Looking gorgeous young fellow, really nice Fergy you got there supermart, keep us posted and good luck for completion.

Thanks Luke. Everything is getting put into place now......Just the painting to finish, a mud-guard to buy and the lights and guages (both bought and in the wardrobe  ;)) to fit and that's about it done...... :);)

Not forgetting the name plate though...... ;) ;) ;)

That must be some wardrobe you have  :D :D does it have a door in the back  :D :D

Looking good Martin.....bet you are well pleased with her :) 

Aye I'll have to take a pic of the wardrobe sometimes as it is a bit of a Tardis so comes in handy for keeping all these bits and bobs in...... :D;) ;)

I'm very pleased with the way things are coming along and looking forward to the Summer when I can get the front axle sorted out which should hopefully be the last major job of the restoration and then it'll just be a case of adding the finishing touches...... :) :) :)

Thanks Luke. Everything is getting put into place now......Just the painting to finish, a mud-guard to buy and the lights and guages (both bought and in the wardrobe  ;)) to fit and that's about it done...... :);)

Not forgetting the name plate though...... ;) ;) ;)

;)

makes you think about how rudimentary these early machines were !

nice job there mart,

another option for FTF get-together at the official launch ?

Thanks John...... :);) ;)

I suppose you could all be invited to the first show it attends, however it may cost a lot of dosh for some of you......but you're all welcome...... ;) ;) ;)