2x JD 4455

Hi everyone.

I found out i had many parts from some old projects every where and then i decided to make something out of it. I got some ERTL trike chassis and some decals from Henri Walker for a JD 4455 and then it seems pretty obvious what i should be. They will come on Ebay then they are finish but feel free to comment.

Kim

post-1126-0-36151500-1340001717_thumb.jp

post-1126-0-16494500-1340001720_thumb.jp

post-1126-0-20123400-1340001727_thumb.jp

great looking tractor. sorry everyone, especially mr softie, this tractor is sold. it will be coming to essex, and when it arrives the bonnet decals will be put on the correct way. keep your eyes peeled brian, he still has one thats nearly ready. ;)

great looking tractor. sorry everyone, especially mr softie, this tractor is sold. it will be coming to essex, and when it arrives the bonnet decals will be put on the correct way. keep your eyes peeled brian, he still has one thats nearly ready. ;)

Yes and because you mentioned the decals were the wrong way you get some new with the tractor ;)

looking good. how'd you get the front axle to go on?

I use some SIKU axles and attach it with 2x m4 bolts. The first bolt is drilled up and tightened to the body and then i made a bar with an endhole. I use to do this otherwise the axle cant turn. I have it best if it work :)

DSC03208.jpg

Very nice! :) Would look great yoked up to a drag chopper ;)

Did you know that the wheel centre's out of Britains 78/7920 JDs is seperate to the wheel casting itself, and once a pair have been removed from the 20 series, they fit into the Siku wheel, giving a Cast iron Heavy centre to put on a classic Deere such as these ::)

Here a pic of a Siku wheel with the addition of the Britains centre disc.

post-3371-0-20713400-1341134731_thumb.jp

Edited by Valley Axe Man

They'll come out Sean, The centre's in the 7920 wheels are held to the main wheel casting by 3 little tabs on the back of the centre through into the body of the main wheel casting, they prise out carefully with a fine screwdriver, once out cut the remains ot the tabs off and hey presto, Bobs your auntys live in lover! ;)

I didn't think they came out at first either, but learned that they did from good friend and talented builder, the late Phil Harsine (aka Starbrush) when he'd used the same centre's on a couple of his JD builds to good effect.

Very nice! :) Would look great yoked up to a drag chopper ;)

Did you know that the wheel centre's out of Britains 78/7920 JDs is seperate to the wheel casting itself, and once a pair have been removed from the 20 series, they fit into the Siku wheel, giving a Cast iron Heavy centre to put on a classic Deere such as these ::)

Here a pic of a Siku wheel with the addition of the Britains centre disc.

post-3371-0-20713400-1341134731_thumb.jp

Like this? I just use the whole rim.

DSC03217.jpg

ksp excellent job looking good , the rims set the tractor off only slight issue is the decals are slightly out ( numbers in the wrong place ) but great convo,

Chris your safe i think ive got enough deere`s to pick up at moira this year 21 and drop off the final 11 for next year

ksp excellent job looking good , the rims set the tractor off only slight issue is the decals are slightly out ( numbers in the wrong place ) but great convo,

Chris your safe i think ive got enough deere`s to pick up at moira this year 21 and drop off the final 11 for next year

wet cold summer? who said there was no money in ice cream. will be sourcing some front wheel hubs for my one when it gets here.i look forward to seeing your moira additions mate.

wet cold summer? who said there was no money in ice cream. will be sourcing some front wheel hubs for my one when it gets here.i look forward to seeing your moira additions mate.

oh at the moment there is no money in ice cream just been lucky that my car was paid off last year and my loan last month so have a bit of disposible income until i make my next purchase

:of wow this looks unreal love it. do you know what type of ertl was it when u bought it and was it 1.16 scale? thanks

It has many names john deere 4430, john deere 4440, john deere soundgard or ERTL trike is the names i use on Ebay. And its in 1:32 scale.

this tractor has arrived with me, and although ksp has done a fine job, especialy the front axle pivot arrangement,i will be taking this tractor and re-badging it as a 4255. also i have ground of the cast metal seat and steering wheel and added detailed jd steering column and comfort seat along with left hand side spool levers and gear change. i have ground back the width of the fron axle linkage and sprayed it green, and have ground out the front of the bonnet to take proper crystal lights. the beacon is all that remains on the roof, with work lights being placed on rear of cab and mudguards.cab has been glazed and a proper rear hitch and linkarms have been ordered as has mirrors and worklights, cab antenna, decals etc. seat will be fitted when it arrives as the cab isnt fixed yet. i have also changed the wheel centres to give the front's some hubs and the rears a more heavy iron effect.this is the first real detailing i have ever done, and am still getting to grips with it really, but hopefully when i update again with it finished it wont look to bad.many thanks again to ksp for providing an excellent model. heres how she looks at the moment;post-3323-0-98926200-1342030319_thumb.jppost-3323-0-80889100-1342030367_thumb.jppost-3323-0-03679700-1342030408_thumb.jp

must say chris looking good cant wait to see the finished item you have got this detailing down to an art , keep it up

cheers brian, glazing the cab was a real pain, what you see is the third attempt. tractor is only roughly put together as it will be coming apart again. air cleaner stalk will be screwed in, and the rear window isnt properly attached yet. henry skelton has posted the parts, and they should be here tommorrow. i now understand fully the ammount of time and effort pdc, mdford and bor and everyone else puts into their work, and how fidly and awkward it is.

yes they are a lot of work involved and i take my hat off to bor, pdc and md ford as id launch it across the room before it was finished, brian reckons the glazing is a total nitemare , fingers crossed the parts arrive tomorrow