Returned to the hobby :)

Luke190

Hi guys,

I recently returned to collecting 1:32 farm models after selling off all my old collection two years ago. I thought I had grown out of collecting farm models but recently I temporarily returned to live near the farm I grew up on I can't help but keep revisiting these forums and want (sorry NEED) some of the models coming out :)

I'm hoping to build a collection to replicate my ideal contractors fleet, plus a few random models of machines I also like.

So far my contractors fleet includes:

TM190 conversion which will be fitted to a Ros Joskin Cargo tanker

T6090 for drawing silage and maze

TM140 for drawing silage and maze

LM5060 telehandler for yard work/ assisting drilling

2x Britains Kane silage trailers (will buy 1 more soon)

TS110 conversion fitted to a Siku Fella rake

Britains blue livestock transport trailer (just like the look of it)

Britains JCB 416 Farm Master

I also have the Britains FR9090 forage harvester, but apart from the HUGE headers something doesn't look right about it so I'm in the market for another forager...

I have more planned purchases soon but I'm trying to enjoy the collecting stage of the hobby and not buy everything in one go.

Also perhaps someone could help me- I want to run a Ros T7070 or Ros T7.270 with a front and rear mower combination. Does anyone know if the Universal Hobbies front/rear mower sets will fit to the Ros front/rear linkages? I don't really want to invest in a mower set to find it doesn't fit.

Thanks guys! And will upload photos soon to show my growing collection :)

Luke

welcome back to the weird side

The TM190 will be under pressure with 24 tonnes of slurry behind her. I'd be putting the T7070 under the Joskin tank instead.

The rear linkage on the T7070 is fine for most UH/Siku/Britains implements although the geometry can be a bit weird in the raised position.

The front linkage is a smidgin narrower than the UH fittings and the Weise fittings. My front mower (a Pottinger, made by PDC) is set up to go on an A frame and the Weise A frame is very tight to get on the T7070. Even the Imber A frame is tight to get on the T7070.

But they will go on.

Here's a pic of it with the UH GB Planidisk on the front.

DSC02725.jpg

Thanks for the info SPN. I think I'll give the mower combo a go with the Ros and let you guys know how well it works out and post some photos once a few more models arrive. Would re-mapping (in farm model world) the TM190 suffice for the Joskin or is it a matter of the Joskin tanker just being overall too big for a 190 under braking etc?

Thanks for the info SPN. I think I'll give the mower combo a go with the Ros and let you guys know how well it works out and post some photos once a few more models arrive. Would re-mapping (in farm model world) the TM190 suffice for the Joskin or is it a matter of the Joskin tanker just being overall too big for a 190 under braking etc?

i think the difference in hp between the 7070 and tm 190 is only 30 hp,so remapping would cover it i would think luke

Welcome back to a very addictive hobby!!! ;D You were saying about hooking your NH 7070 up to a few mowers. Heres mine & my silage fleet is very like your own. I put Siku Kuhn butterflys on mine ,which is what a local contractor near me also runs. The Siku stuff is not the most detailed, but I had to have a Kuhn setup.

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg