Britains John Deere 590 Round Baler

FB

quick questions

1) can the old round bales fit this??

2) does it have a simple britains hitch not one like the JD 'square' baler that IHP had in another colour!

3)Is the Britains JD SPFH worth getting??

cheers

FB

Have to disaggree with The Other Green. The detail on the  JD7500 is excellent not just the surface detail but the engine covers lift too and there is as much detail under the covers as to the exterior. Far better than the Norscot Claas 880 and 900 and I can say that in all honesty as I have both.

All Britains models should be like that a sign of the future maybe?

The one thing that puts me off with this model is the fact that it has a 10 row head which seems a bit big for that size forager in England. :-\ I know the engine could probably handle it being at 570hp but alot of contractors i think would run a 8 row as it doesn't put to much stress on the machine. ??? someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

i might get the SPFH then, add a bit of colour to my red collection!!  ;D??? ??? ???;D

Stll need a round baler, any ideas???, got loads of Britains round bales but think the vermeer is past it now on 'Holmes farm', i dont fancy buying loads more RB's though

any ideras?!?!?!?!?!

i can't belive i'm admitting to this but i have just repainted a vemeer into a jd bailer,just needs stickers,i must be mad but was just tinkering and thats what came out,also going to try doing a fergy one just to get my brain straight again,have you thought about doing the same fb then you can use all those round bails

On my model farm ha ha!, we use 2 Welger round balers the Tim Welger RP 520 and a converted siku Welger RP 320 Master I still use the good old britains bales and some of my home made ones of the same size when doing pics etc and they don't fit in the chamber ha ha! but they look better than the siku ones which in my eyes are a bit too small.

Hope that helps

Nathan

yeah i could buy one of the other types and use the Britains bales for pic use as you say!!

(p.s Britains, if your reading this, a new style round and small baler please that takes the old bales!!  :D;) ;))

Wait for the Pottinger Jumbo from Siku next month. Gives the most ideal chop length for the Keenan Feeder apparently!

Not sure that it is going to be able to compete with the UH Claas in pure sexiness though!

Don't think you can get much more detailed than the Claas Quantum can you??? Is the pottinger bigger than the quantum though it looks it in the pics I have seen??? but then you know what sikus photographer is like ha ha!.

Nathan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

anyone able to inform me about the exact bale size need for fitting in the JD Round Baler? Just have ordered in the Internet and now also have the chance to purchase either sets of Britains or Siku Round Balls, so if the Britains one doe not fit, might possibly those from Siku?

Richard, the bale that came in my Siku Claas Rollant 255 Roto-Cut fits into my Britiain/Ertl John Deere 590 baler, so, if all Siku bales are the same size, Siku is the one to go for (I think)  8)