G'day

deKleijn

Cheers, the only problems i am having now is finding equipment to start. Found a local shop 80km away but its more specified to train models etc. So i was thinking ordering online maybe you guys know of some good sites..

Cheers, Jan

You're out of luck then mate. Not really a case fan, but I am wanting to make this case international swather, have never seen one in model and think it will be relatively easy appart from the cutter front / reel which I really don't want to start with.

Not a Case fan.... Jan...well well some folk have no taste ;D ;D ...seriously I'm sure some one on here will have some ideas for you.If not I suggest you start a new post under the relevant section. If you don't get many responses don't be disappointed since a lot of people on here are busy with the harvest etc.

There are a couple of sites that people use for parts and they do mail order.

Try Dave Towse http://www.britainst...75/info.php?p=1

and artisan 32 http://www.artisan32...com/?&id_lang=1

We also have a links page on the forum where you will find a few more

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?/forum/62-useful-website-links/

Good Luck

Welcome Jan, we have a lot of people in the know as regards to parts and scratchbuilding here on FTF. Although windrowers don't grace the pages here all too often, skills and ideas are in abundance. It will be a nice model to see. Have you used one or seen one working where you are?

All the best for now, Tris.

I have never driven a self-propelled windrower, i have only worked with a tow-behind hesston hydroswing windrower but it seemed a bit more challanging to build for my first project. And Windrowers are used allot here in the area, especially for cutting grass seed, and in other vegestable seed crops such as carrots etc.

Thanks allot for the interest, very welcoming site!!

cheers, jan

I wondered if you were going to mention grass seed. Here in UK a few people windrow oilseed but the vast majority dessicate nowadays. It will be an interesting build that's for sure. I am sure a Class one got started on here a year or two ago. Can't remember who was building it though.