ford tractor and baler dio

Paul Palmer

How about having a series of different backgrounds like this but each representing a different season, with interchangeable machinery etc, you could get your mate to make a few of these.

How about having a series of different backgrounds like this but each representing a different season, with interchangeable machinery etc, you could get your mate to make a few of these.

you mean keep the base chris,but just add different backgrounds? hadnt thought of that,the joiner gareth knocked this up for free,its all offcuts,quick cut and sand and chamfer the base and bingo,i am going to be doing more small dios,allready want to do a ploughing and hedgecutting dio,the list is endless

Superb, really super. Was it fiddly pulling the wire tight to get that machine-strained look?

thanks chris,not to fiddly,you just have to make sure the posts are very firm,i drilled holes for them and they are sunk in the base board at 15mm,then loop wire around the first post,pull tight and loop on the last pole then twist with small thin nose pliers,cut off any excess wire,job done

small bit done today,baler has rope hook fitted for the sledge and rope added,pto shaft put on baler,and that has to be painted,lots still to do,paint the bale sledge,weather the baler,get some bales,that would help!!!, flock to come from mandy,add the rider and horse,and still really have not decided on the tractor to go with the dio,it was either the britains 6600 or imber 6640,but looking on youtube ive seen another option,new holland t 6020,with loader,and that would fit in with my new holand collection,anyway that decision can be made later,i did paint another britains sledge light grey,but i think i will paint this one red and lightly weather it

post-1769-0-10078600-1349609183_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-82629800-1349609193_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-38673600-1349609203_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-68253700-1349609214_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali