New to FTF

watermill

Cheers Charlie,thought they looked a bit wide,thanks also for the compliment regarding my TerraGator,not to big of a job,once you source a 1/32nd scale Volvo A40 dumptruck,I eventually tracked one down in Sweden,a big thank you to Pete ( MPR models ) on the translation for that,as regards to wide wheels on big Fendt's,you do get these if your interested,http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-14503975/39003-Aluminium-vooras-velg-Krone-Big-X-Band-geschikt-voor-Fendt--828-936-939-Wiking..html Henry is a great bloke to deal with,€ 17.00 postage is a pain though,

Regards

Joe.

Lovely kit, really eye catching. I also looked up your company's website earlier. I have always said since Agrivert left our area, if they ever came back I'd apply straight away. Looking at the image of your guys I would say they would be a good company to be on with too? The machinery is all top notch, nice website. Nice, mate. Really nice.

Also, you take a great photo 8)

Thankyou, our wb site is really badly out of date though - a project for the winter for someone, we have bought lots of other new kit this summer too - jcb 416s agri with so many extras, new K105 bredal lime spreader (monster lime spreader!!), tri axle cheiftain, too name but a few!

i think we will be putting one of the new 939's and one of the 828's with their spreaders into wilts full time next year.

Thanks for the welcome Sean.

Might get chance to get some pics taken today of the 1/32's and load them up

Oh now Charlie,I was a wee bit envious of you last night when you said you worked with Black Beauty's and TerraGator's,now you reckon you might get a Vredo,I'm physically turning green, ;) mind you whilst fgsagri's machine is a cracker,

VredoVT3936-Tebbejpg.jpg

That's it before it had the decal's applied,that machine is very rare,I've seen loads of Vredo photo's,but never seen another with a Tebbe spreader on it,but you could up stage them by getting the bigger more productive VT 5518 540hp compared to the VT3936 at 380 hp :);)

VredoVT5518jpg.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Yes Joe your right, it does look the part indeed, exactly the same spreader as our Challenger T'gators spreaders. I know the chasis is a good one too, very well proven with an array of mountings, i need to find out from bert at fgs how he has got on with theirs this year. I will post some of the collection later.

As you seem very in touch with custom build / converts Joe do you know of a good MF30 drill in 6 metre version? cheers

Yes Joe your right, it does look the part indeed, exactly the same spreader as our Challenger T'gators spreaders. I know the chasis is a good one too, very well proven with an array of mountings, i need to find out from bert at fgs how he has got on with theirs this year. I will post some of the collection later.

As you seem very in touch with custom build / converts Joe do you know of a good MF30 drill in 6 metre version? cheers

In a word Charlie No,i would reckon Sean (Tractorman810) would be the man to ask,but I think he's at Toytrac today,so probably won't be on here 'till this evening,not 100% sure but I reckon fgs Vredo is a fair bit bigger than your TerraGator's,I guess something like 13m3,whereas the Vredo is 18m3,personally I reckon the Vredo would be the better of the two,built from the ground up to do that job,whereas the original Cat Challenger TerraGator would just be put together using suitable Caterpillar parts in a bid to compete,and yes lpease get them photo's up,smiley-happy088.gif

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe,

Yeah your right - same tebbe box in every aspect aprat from bieng a tad smaller, the box on the vredo is the same as agchem put on (or used too) the 5 wheeler. And from personal experience i would think the vredo is without question better than the T'gator. We have had some bad experiences over the past 1o years with them.

Thats why were so pleased with the fendts, we will always have self propelled too but want to have a range of spreaders to offer. All good fun!

I guess you just build for your own collection?

Yes Charlie,it takes to long to build,then what you would need to charge,it just wouldn't make money,I had the feeling that the Vredo would be the better of the two,i reckon Tris might disagree,as he's a huge TerraGator fan, ^-^ ,a model of the fgs Vredo could be done,but at € 420 for a Tebbe http://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-2931986/500.-Tebbe-HS-320.html that's a big chunk of money,'specially when it needs a bit cut n shut, :-

Regards

Joe.

Where in Wiltshire could that be then, Charlie? For Thames water maybe? Wessex went the trailed route because the three contractors who had TerraGators had all been affected by downtime. Not always the initial problem but waiting for parts to be shipped onto the UK and out to site. I'm not up to speed on a lot of the new gear now, not least the Vredo but the TerraG's look the part. The Vredo does look like a toddlers Lego creation! :D

As for the drill, Charlie. A few members gave built one using two old Britains 30's but finding two of the same red can be a stumbling block so a can of MF red will be required. Sean is planning another one to do soon with end tow kit so look out for that.

• Like 1

All over really, we do the southern water material, and we were the last poor soles contracted to csg on wessex water who failed to make it pay using terragators. We stopped down there a few years back, at one time we had 22 JD 69's and griffiths trailers down there too running cake to farms (our kit on self drive hire to csg).

Seans drill sounds great, thats what i'm after big time, been looking for so long. fingers crossed Tris.